Recently while browsing the web via Chrome, I had to pause my work due to some network connectivity issues. Upon contacting my ISP, I got to know the estimated time of fix was around 15 minutes. So during this short break, I decided to try my hands on the browser’s hidden game- the ever-popular Chrome Dinosaur.
While the objective stood simple- to avoid the obstacles- yet it turned out to be much more intriguing than expected. And this made me realize that browser-based games belong to an underrated niche- they don’t usually get the attention that they deserve. This then made me go on an exploration and I found out that there exist a plethora of games belonging to this domain.
Each one of them was quite impressive in its own rights, with its unique and distinct gameplay style. The biggest plus point with these games is the fact that they aren’t resource-hungry. So you don’t need hefty configurations related to RAM, graphics card, or even any hard disk storage.
All that is needed is just decent internet connectivity, which most of you might already have check marked. With that said, there was a huge array of Flash-supported browser games that we haven’t mentioned here since it is no longer supported by any web browser. So keeping all these points in mind, let’s get you acquainted with the best browser games that are worthy of your attention.
Skating has never been my cup of tea and this might be the case for others as well, but at least we now have the option of showcasing our talents in this virtual ecosystem.
Donning the skateboard, performing skills, and escaping the obstacles are its three major prerequisites that you need to qualify.
But while it may sound easy on paper, it is definitely quite challenging to execute.
- At the same time, the game has also managed to incorporate some nifty skateboarding techniques.
- For example, you may use a Spacebar to perform a jump, while hitting it twice will result in a Backflip.
- Likewise, using the Shift key will make the character perform a wheelie, all while wearing the skateboards.
- Furthermore, the sound effects are also in perfect sync with the game’s ever-changing environment.
Just keep in mind that the death is going to be gruesome, with body parts flying in different directions and drops of blood being shed all across your screen!
Giving you a platform to show your artistic skills, Gartic calls out your inner Picasso. You will be given a whiteboard where you have to draw a particular object that the game instructs.
The other players would then have to try and guess that object. Not only does it depend on other player’s imagination skills, but your drawing skills might also come into question as well.
However, you do have the option to correct your mistakes. There’s an eraser as well as an undo button, so unlike the popular saying, this game does give you a second chance.
- There’s a stipulated time period during which you will have to complete the drawing and others would have to guess.
- If no one is able to identify the object, then both parties will be at loss. This is because some points will be cut from your overall tally as well.
- With that said, you have the option to play online with other random people or try it out on a local server with your friends.
- The game also has a chat room, where other players could have a discussion regarding the object being drawn.
However, there have been numerous instances where the user tends to spell the word itself when the time is nearing its end. While this gives the players some points to play with, unfortunately, it kills the game’s sole USP, so decide accordingly!
If there’s one entry in this list that doesn’t need an introduction of sorts, it has to be the game encapsulating these virtual creatures.
Pokemon Showdown is known to cut directly to the chase. You don’t have to nurture your Pokemon, train, or even collect them in the first place.
Likewise, even you, as a trainer, don’t have to visit any training ground, practice your skills in training these Pokemons or build up your ranks.
- As soon as the game starts, you have the option to pick up the desired Pokemon of your choice and start off the combat.
- You just need to specify the team, and the rest will be taken care of by the game itself.
- Furthermore, if you or your Pokemon gets injured to a point of no return during a fight, then there’s no need to give a visit to the training center. You could directly start off with a new fight right away.
However, for some, incorporating this ‘ease factor’ ultimately ends up destroying the sole basis on which the actual characters are actually based on. They believe that the game should have at least added some elements from the Pokemon dimension to give it a more realistic approach. Well, we leave this decision up to our readers to decide.
This is highly regarded as the game that revolutionized the first-person shooting genre and paved the way for the future FPS games that we see today.
During the initial phases, you are given the most basic weaponry. Then as you progress ahead, the enemies keep on multiplying but at the same time, you would be given a much stronger weapon set to deal with them.
Likewise, there would be health kits lying in corners that would be your need of the hour.
- However, the best part about this game is the hidden rooms behind the walls. There are no distinguishable walls that may spell out any hints whether they behold any secret vaults or not. It all’s left up to the player’s skill and luck in equal measures.
- But once you stumble upon any secret, you would get rewarded with a plethora of offerings in the form of ammo, health, and weapons.
- Furthermore, here are three different episodes that you could choose from, each having five levels of difficulty, with the Nightmare one taking the challenges to an altogether different level.
Just keep in mind that the game first made its way over two decades back, so you aren’t going to witness any frame rates, UI/UX improvements, or any graphical tweaks. But one thing that you cannot debate is its immersive gameplay experience.
One of the easiest yet most intriguing games on this list, the goal is to make 1024 with the numbered tiles. However, it’s easier said than done.
You could only overlap two cards having the same numbers. While the direction of movements isn’t fixed, but the numbers are, and this is what makes it quite challenging.
Furthermore, when both the cards combine, their numbers add up. So you will have to keep on adding them until you reach all elite 1024.
- To begin with, you are given two cards, each having the number 1.
- As a result, the subsequent cards that would be created would be in the form of 2^2 and so on.
- So starting off from 2, you move to 4, 8, 16, and so on until the aforementioned number is created.
- New tiles come up automatically after each turn. But once the entire board is filled up with no room for any newer tile (and if you haven’t yet reached 1024), then it will result in your loss.
No doubt it is a great offering that calls for our logical reasoning but for many, the interest slowly diminishes once they are able to crack the code aka achieve the 1024 target.
If you are looking for a practical aspect to fit in the phrase “You are in control of your destiny” there’s no more straightforward way of doing so than trying out Line Rider.
You are given the marker and your task is to chalk out the path of the rider. You may create any path you like, just try and respect Newton’s Laws of Motion. Or else, the rider might have a bumpy ride ahead.
To help you out, there are different types of markers, such as a pen, brush, pencil among others.
- Each of them has a different tip, so you may have to decide accordingly as to which marker you will have to use at a particular juncture.
- Likewise, you may also create different tracks and even add checkpoints along the way.
- Then there is even an option to record the entire journey of your rider, so that you may view it later on and decide whether your journey was worth the travel or should it have been the road less traveled.
- Finally, once the track is created, just hit the Play button and see your rider in action.
Do keep in mind that if you are planning to export the gameplay, then there might be a few issues in recording your gameplay via Chrome (due to its rendering engine). So you should instead opt for a non-Chromium browser such as Firefox for this purpose.
Reminiscence of the old Snake game, the objectives are a little bit along similar lines. You play as a small dot who needs to grow in size by eating other colored dots present around him.
As you grow in size, the demand for food also increases, and there would come a point when you might have to eat one of your opponents to survive, after all, it’s the survival of the fittest.
But do keep in mind that they should be smaller in stature than your character, otherwise, death is on the cards.
- Likewise, there are sharped edge wheels rolling around, you need to maintain a safe distance from them as well.
- If you end up gaining quite a lot of mass, then you may also break your character into two, and try and accumulate twice the points.
- There are also different game modes, including the Team match, so if you find it difficult to survive alone, then your friends are just a call away.
However, the game tends to become quite repetitive and monotonous after some time, and hence you might have to look out for some other alternatives mentioned in the list.
Taking clues from the Google Street View locations, this game will chalk out paths from random locations. Your task is to identify the place, which is easier said than done.
The game has a huge collection of maps in its arsenal with the ones from India, the US, Spain, and the UK being the absolute favorites.
Likewise, it also has a standalone map just accumulated with all the popular places across the globe.
- Apart from that, there are also some third-party maps that have been curated by the users. So one thing’s clear- you will never be short on locations!
- Furthermore, once you have got hold of the location of that place, just put a flag next to it. The game will then give you a score depending on how near or far you were from the actual location.
- The score ranges from 0 if you have placed the flag to the exact opposite of the intended location or 5000 if you are within 150 meters of the correct destination.
- Furthermore, there’s also a rich community of gamers who are live-streaming its gameplay over to Twitch, something that we usually don’t associate with browser games.
However, most of the game features, as well as maps, requires you to create a free account before accessing it. This might persuade a few users from trying it out.
Bottom Line: Best Browser Games
So this was all from this list of the best browser games. We have covered a total of 8 different titles, each belonging to a different domain.
As per my personal preference, I have always been a fan of yesteryear’s FPS, so settling for Doom was a no-brainer. Likewise, to brush up my memory, I occasionally give a shot at 1024 as well.
Well, this was my preference, we would love to hear your side of the story too. Do let us know your preferred game from the aforementioned ones in the comments section below.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on 7+ Best Browser Games you can Play Today in 2021!, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.