Firefox is said to be one of the most used browsers across the globe. It is fast, efficient, and provides great privacy and security to users. Many users prefer using Firefox over Google Chrome. I also use Firefox more frequently than Chrome due to its speed and other features that make my work easier.
Firefox offers various features that can be helpful to anyone in any group. Be it a student, teacher, or developer, Firefox has something in store for everyone. However, if it fails to offer all the features in its browser, it enables users to use these features in form of add-ons.
As a developer myself, I find it difficult to manage all my tasks at once. From coding to clearing the cookies so that the browser doesn’t hang, the list is endless. Although all these features can not be managed at once on Firefox, the add-ons do a pretty decent job in helping me.
I had quite a hard time sorting out the best add-ons for me. But after a lot of research, I have created a list of the best add-ons that I think will be helpful to you as a developer. Let’s have a look!
Are you looking for an add-on that helps you identify errors in your HTML codes, then you are at the right place? HTML Validator does exactly that for you.
It will point out all the errors for you which will help you do all your work twice as fast.
Some of HTML Validator’s well-known features are:
- It helps validate the HTML that you currently have or have been sent by someone.
- You can see the errors clearly and rectify them henceforth.
- The rectification takes place entirely on your server.
- No third-party apps or websites have access to your data.
- It can be translated into 17 different languages.
However, it may show issues with rectification sometimes as it may fail to identify all the errors at once and you may have to wait for the same.
Are you someone who is always struggling with your codes and their sources? Well, with the Octotree Firefox add-on, you do not have to go to GitHub, again and again, to check for your codes.
All the things can be done with a single click now. Octotree can be useful for coders around the world.
Several of Octotree’s top aspects are:
- It enhances the way you code.
- You have access to choosing the code’s font as well as theme.
- You can manage multiple tabs for your codes.
- You can also choose the font for your file icons.
- You can manage multiple GitHub accounts with this.
Although it comes loaded with great features, only a part of it can be accessed in the free version. Most of its features are available only in the pro or paid version.
Page Performance Test
If you are always worried about your web pages loading slowly or get easily irritated by the same, then Page Performance Test will help you calm down a lot. It gives you all the necessary data about website speed and loading time.
You can also save all these data for future reference or comparisons.
To name a few of Page Performance Test Add-on amazing features:
- It measures the performance and speed of a website by using Web APIs.
- You can save these for later.
- It’s extremely easy to install and get it running.
- It gives you an accurate picture of page load time and statistics.
However, it may take quite some time to give you the results which may be irritating when you are in a hurry.
If you make use of screenshots daily and annotate them for various purposes, Usersnap will be your favorite add-on from now on. It helps you take screenshots and annotate them as per your will.
This add-on has helped me a lot when I’ve to attach a screenshot to an article.
Some of Usersnap’s important features are:
- You can take screenshots from websites and mark them.
- You can also add comments or feedback in screenshots.
- It also enables you to file a bug report.
- It comes with a 14-day trial period.
Though it’s nearly perfect with all its features, it is a paid service and not everyone can afford it. The trial period also ends after a mere 14 days.
This is an extremely efficient Firefox add-on since it lets you switch the user agent of your browser. All this can be achieved very simply.
Even if you’re not a technical geek, you can simply use this add-on for your work.
Some of User-Agent Switcher’s remarkable features are:
- You can have access to websites that you didn’t earlier.
- Not all websites will ask for a subscription when you change the user agent.
- You can also use a new language for the user-agent switcher.
- You can also report a bug or issue that needs fixing.
However, it may not work on specific sites and pose problems. This may cause inconvenience for you later.
Ghostery is one of those add-ons that will not only prevent you from distractions but also protect your privacy. It helps in letting you know about trackers.
You can disable the trackers that can steal your data or sneak into your private information.
Ghostery is packed with so many awesome features. Some of them are:
- It blocks all the unnecessary data or ads.
- You can view or block trackers as well.
- It loads a page faster and optimizes page performance.
- All your data is labeled anonymous for more privacy.
Although it has so many features, it still had its share of demerits. This add-on may have access to much of your information that can lead to data loss or threatening of your privacy.
If you are looking for a color picker for a long time, your search ends here. With Colorzilla, you can pick any color of your choice for the browser window.
It also enables you to have a matching color for any picture that you want.
Several of Colorzilla’s fantastic features are:
- It has an eyedropper that lets you have any color for a window.
- It has an advanced color picker that’s similar to that of Photoshop.
- You can view your recently picked colors in color history.
- You also have a Web page Color Analyzer.
However, it may not apply the color immediately when you pick them and take some time while doing so. It can be a bit annoying.
If you want to delete your cookies or simply edit them, Cookie Manager Firefox add-on will do it for you. It helps you view, add, or make changes to the cookies.
You also have the option to import or export your cookies for different purposes.
Many of Cookie Manager’s prominent features are:
- You can enable or disable the add-on according to your preferences.
- You can add, edit, or delete cookies.
- You can recognize the same set of cookies with one click and delete them.
- You can import or export cookies.
- You can also whitelist cookies.
The Cookie Manager extension can pose a problem when you are browsing in Private Mode on Firefox. This is a serious issue and still needs fixing.
If you are always concerned about the data leak, then HTTPS Everywhere add-on will assure you about the same for life. It encrypts your web no matter where you go or what you browse.
Any website that supports HTTPS will automatically be encrypted once you start using this add-on.
To name a few of HTTPS Everywhere’s prime features:
- It encrypts your data whenever you visit a website.
- It automatically functions on websites with HTTPS.
- Unlike others, it is easy to use.
- It rewrites all the HTTPS requests.
However, it can consume a lot of memory and start causing problems on your Firefox browser. It may start lagging and slowing down.
Bottom Line: Best Firefox Developer Add-ons
Mozilla Firefox has been the favorite browser of many people around the world including me. It has so many brilliant features to offer and also tends to work better than the other browsers. Millions of people trust Firefox as their default browser and continue to use it for a variety of purposes.
It has been of great help to people from all walks of life. It is no secret that the add-ons make for more than enough for the features that Firefox lacks. These add-ons are like a blessing to developers who have a lot to achieve in a short period. Henceforth, we have curated this list of add-ons for their use and help. With their merits and demerits mentioned, I am sure you’ll make a wise choice.
These add-ons have greatly helped me as well. As a developer, the Octotree add-on helps me with my coding. Whereas, Ghostery provides me a distraction-free environment to work in. I am so glad I discovered these add-ons.
Which is your favorite Firefox add-on from the mentioned list? Do you want to add us to any other that you can consider as best?