In the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are locked in hostels, schools, abroad locations, and hotels. This is a weird situation as you cannot meet your friends and have real-life enjoyment. This is where the new Houseparty Chrome extension comes into place. It is a safe way of socializing and has plenty of options to play with.
You might have tried Google Meet or Zoom video to call your friends, but that experience is not as enjoyable as real-world communication. Houseparty is just to remove the limitation of corporate video calling services.
I remember the fun times and games we can play in Houseparty to revive the friendly fun the old way. But sadly, due to the COVID-19 situation, people are stuck in their homes and need something to socialize safely and digitally.
With Houseparty, you can host a local group of 8 friends to play and converse with. So this means you can add 7 of your close friends into one room so you can talk, sing songs, and revive old memories of how you used to nag your teachers in middle school.
Since Houseparty is primarily made to kill the boredom and spark the enjoyment, it is filled with such options.
What is Houseparty and Why you will Love it
Houseparty is a new social networking service that enables a new way of group video chatting with your friends and close ones. The app is available for Android, iPhone, macOS, and Windows and for the Chrome browser in the form of the HouseParty extension.
Houseparty is specially made for generation Z and has new features such as Facemail, where you can send a voice note with your personalized face and expressions. You can change the camera view and use special filters to make the conversation much more funny and interesting.
Also, Houseparty has a new gaming element where you win some credit for doing secret tasks, which is quite popular. And the fact that the service is completely free of charge and has no in-app purchases.
You can be an anonymous hero by going in ghost mode while in a video call. Or you can lock a chat room, so make a personalized group. Houseparty has all these features which you would want in a friendly video conferencing service.
Download Houseparty Extension and Initial Setup
Setting up a Houseparty chrome extension is easy, straightforward, and free to sign up. The best thing is you just need to download a Houseparty Chrome extension, sign in to your account, and you are ready to rock.
Here are the steps to download the Houseparty extension and setup for first use:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for Houseparty (direct download link mentioned below).
- Click on Add to Chrome from the top right corner to add an extension to your chrome browser.
- Once you complete the installation process, you will see the Houseparty extension near the URL box.
- Click on extension (yellow wave hand icon), there will be a login screen.
- Click on the Log in button, and you will be redirected to another page.
- If you already have an account, you can Log in using your credential. In case if you are using it for the first time, click on the Signup link.
- Once you reach there, it will ask for some basic details like email, name, and password. Fill up the form with all required details and hit .
- Now it will ask for some permission to use a microphone, webcam, and show notifications, allow all the permissions, and now you are ready to start chatting.
That’s it. You have successfully installed and signed-in to Houseparty extension. As mentioned, there are multiple features and options to play around within the Houseparty. You can add friends, do a video chat, send voice messages, and play games.
Adding your Friends in HouseParty?
Since your email is connected to Houseparty, it will already have all the friends from your contacts. If not, you can just quickly invite friends to join the gang.
There will be a list of your existing friends, but to add new friends, just follow simple steps given below:
- Launch the Chrome browser app.
- Click on the Houseparty chrome extension that looks like a waving hand.
- You will see a search box on the left side of the screen, Enter the username of a person you are trying to find.
- If an account does exist, you will see a user profile and Add button below the search box.
You can add up to 8 friends into your group, however, you can invite multiple friends and create separate gang for each.
Start Video Calls with Houseparty Extensions
Houseparty allows you to do a video conference with your friends. As mentioned, you can add seven other friends and have a call.
Here are the steps to do a video call in Houseparty chrome extension:
- Launch the Chrome browser
- Click to open the Houseparty Chrome extension.
- Log in to the extension with your account. There will be a list of your friends on the left side.
- Choose a friend and click on Waving Hand to start a video call.
The video quality is great, and I haven’t faced any major disruptions during calls.
Bottom Line: Chrome Houseparty Extension
It’s good that Houseparty has a Chrome extension for people who cannot install it on their mobile phone. So this essentially means that your friends cannot make excuses that they have not installed the Houseparty App. Simply send them the Houseparty link or invite them.
The only limitation which I think will bother me is the friends limit. I’m sure you have more than eight friends and the fact that Houseparty only allows 8 friends is kind of a bummer. But well, Houseparty may increase this limit in the future.
My personal opinion for Houseparty Extension is very positive. I never faced any lag or any other issues, and in most cases, it’s better than the App itself. Houseparty is helping me a lot in killing my time with friends without leaving home. We are making some awesome memories!
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Use Houseparty Chrome Extensions? [Complete Setup], then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.