Opera Browser has various options that make it stand out from the rest. It continues to introduce new features in its latest versions all the time. One such addition has been the seamless linking of the Crypto wallet to your Opera Browser.
The linking and usage of Crypto Wallet are available on both Android and computers now. This feature is only supported for Ethereum now, but it will soon be available for other Cryptocurrencies.
The Crypto Wallet feature can make a significant difference as you can store cryptos without hassle on your devices.
You need not install any additional extensions or plug-ins to get this feature. Some simple steps can help you signup for free your Crypto wallet and sync it across the devices in the Opera browser.
Sign up for Crypto Wallet
To sign-up for the Crypto Wallet, you can register using the Opera Mobile or Touch app on your smartphone. You can use iPhone or Android phones for registration.
Follow these steps to sign up for a Crypto wallet:
- Open Opera Touch on your Android mobile.
- Tap the Profile icon in the bottom toolbar and select the Crypto Wallet option.
It will open the wallet setup page.
- Tap the button.
- Authenticate yourself with the Device Biometric or Passcode.
It will automatically activate your Crypto wallet.
- You will get access to the Crypto Wallet start page.
- Next, tap the Gear icon from the top-right corner, and select the Backup phrase option.
- Validate yourself with the device lock.
It will generate 12 backup phrases, which should be stored safely.
On the start page, you can also see the Crypto balance, dedicated tokens, and collectibles. You can send, receive, swap, and buy the cryptos directly from the Opera Crypto Wallet.
You can also share your QR code to receive cryptocurrency in your wallet. You can also share the Wallet Address to receive coins.
Sync Crypto Wallet on Computer
The Crypto Wallet is disabled on the Opera computer. You must first enable it from the Settings page and then sync with the Opera Mobile browser with the Crypto Wallet setup.
Follow these steps to enable and sync Crypto Wallet on Opera:
- Open the Opera browser on your computer.
- Click the Gear icon from the left-side toolbar to open the Settings page.
- Select the Features tab and scroll down to the Crypto Wallet section.
- Turn on the toggle for Enable Crypto Wallet option.
It will add a wallet icon in your sidebar.
- Click on the Wallet icon in the sidebar and select the
- Fill in the 12-word Backup Phrase from the Opera mobile and hit the button.
The Wallet will be synced, and all the coins will be visible from the mobile browser. The wallet on the computer browser will be protected by your device lock/password.
Sync Crypto Wallet on Mobile
Similarly, if you want to sync the Crypto Wallet on an Opera mobile iPhone apart from the primary Android device, then you can follow the steps:
- Open the Opera app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the More menu and select the Crypto Wallet option.
- Instead of registering, tap on
- Enter the 12-word Backup Phrase from your primary device and hit on the
- You will be redirected to same the Crypto Wallet on your iPhone device.
The wallet will be protected with a device passcode or Face ID, whichever is active on your iPhone.
Crypto Wallet is one of the most effective tools available on Opera Browser. It can be accessed on both your phone and computer. It lets you keep an attentive eye on your transactions and crypto balance.
The Wallet is extremely secure, with the wallet key and backup phrase stored within the browser and not on the cloud.
The Opera browser does not even allow taking a screenshot of the Wallet page as a security feature to avoid misuse. Hence, we had to photograph the steps to add to the guide.
Opera also has a dedicated Crypto browser to manage multiple crypto wallets on a single device.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Use Crypto Wallet in Opera browser, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.