Opera browser is one of the fastest browsers out there. It offers multiple features and gives you complete control over the browser. You can retain and delete the information on your browser according to your needs.
Numerous pieces of information get stored whenever you browse a website on your Opera browser. From browsing history to cache and cookies, your browser notes everything. It helps in loading the page faster when you revisit it. However, it is not always viable to keep on storing this data on your browser. You should delete it regularly to keep your privacy safe.
Removing the site and browsing data frequently protects your information from all sorts of privacy attacks, spam, and thefts and stops your browser from crashing. You can save disk space by clearing your data regularly.
The option to clear the cookies and cache data is available on computers and cell phones. We have listed the steps for successfully clearing the data on both devices.
Steps for Opera Computer
Every website you visit leave traces of data on the browser. However, You can clear these data and free up the disk space occupied on the Opera browser. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Opera browser on your computer.
- Click on the Gear in the sidebar to open the Settings menu.
- Switch to the Privacy & Security tab and select the Clear browsing data option.
It will open the Clear browsing data pop-up window.
- Select the Time range from the drop-down options and enable the checkboxes for ‘Cookies and other site data‘ and ‘Cached images and files‘ options.
- Hit the command button.
It will immediately remove the cookies and site data from your Opera browser. If there are any underlying issues due to cookies and cached files, they will be resolved automatically.
Steps for Opera on Android
Here are the steps to clear the cache and cookies data from the Opera browser on an Android phone.
- Open the Opera app on your Android device.
- Tap the Profile icon on the toolbar menu and select the Gear for the Settings options.
It will open the Opera browser Settings page.
- Select to open the Privacy & Security tab and scroll to the bottom for the Clear data option.
- Enable the checkboxes for ‘Cookies and site data‘ and ‘Cached images and files‘ options.
- Hit the command button.
It will delete the selected site data from your Opera app on Android devices. It will significantly speed up your browser and protect it from cyber-attacks.
You can also check out the options to clear the data upon browser exit on the Privacy and Security page. You need to automatically enable the data you want to clear after quitting the browser.
Steps for Opera on iPhone or iPad
Here are steps for clearing cache and cookies from Opera for iPhone and iPad.
- Launch the Opera app on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Tap on the More for options and select the Settings menu.
It will open the Opera Settings page will all options.
- Select the Clear Browser Data option from the list.
- Enable the checkboxes for the ‘Cookies and Site Data‘ and ‘Cached Images and Files‘ options.
- Choose the Time range and hit on the command option.
The cookies and cache data will be removed from the browser on Apple devices. You may select any time range for clearing the browser data.
It is recommended to clean your browser history, site data, cookies, cache, and other information stored on your browser. This will help you make your browser better. It will also keep your information secured and away from the reach of fraudsters.
The option to clear the data is available under the Privacy and Security settings page. It helps you remove obsolete data for any time period and also helps in clearing any underlying issue it was causing on page load.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Clear Cookies and Cache in Opera browser, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.