The Firefox browser is packed with many exciting features that make it stand out from the rest. Firefox makes sure that all the features of the browser are updated regularly. These features are easily accessible on both computers and phones. Firefox gives you a chance to go through all the features available on the browser and change them according to your wishes.
With Firefox, you also have the option to retain or remove information or data. The browser stores a lot of information when you browse through it. From browsing history to cache and cookies, everything is stored in the browser. You can delete them whenever you want. It will help in solving page layout and formatting issues as well as stop your browser from crashing randomly.
This feature of removing your cookies and cache is easily available for both your phones and computers. We have listed down all the steps for different device types that you need to follow.
Steps for Firefox Computer
The Firefox browser gives you access to remove the cookies and site data from your computer. The steps you need to follow are:
- Open the Firefox browser on your computer.
- Click on the More menu and select the Settings menu.
- Switch to the Privacy & Security tab and scroll to the Cookies and Site data section.
- Click on the button.
- Enable the checkbox for the ‘Cookies and Site Data‘ and ‘Cached Web Content‘ options.
- Hit on the option.
It will immediately delete the cache, cookies, and site data on the browser. It can make your browser work more efficiently and fast.
Steps for Firefox Android
The option to clear your cache and cookies is available on your phone as well. You can go through the clearing process on your Android phone by following these steps:
- Open the Firefox browser on your phone.
- Tap on the More menu for options and select the Settings menu.
- Select the Delete Browsing Data option.
- Enable the checkboxes for the ‘Cookies‘ and ‘Cached images and files‘ options.
- Hit the command button.
That’s it; cache and cookies data from your Firefox on Android will be deleted immediately. It will help you in the effective working of your browser without much lagging or crashing.
You also have the option to clear the browsing data upon exit by turning on the option – Delete browsing data on quit.
Steps for Firefox iPhone or iPad
The option to clear the data is hidden under the Data Management settings. Here are the steps to clear cookies and cache data from the Firefox browser on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the Firefox app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the More menu and select the Settings option menu.
- Scroll down and open the Data Management option under the Privacy section.
- Enable the toggle button for the Cookies and Cache option
- Hit on the command.
You can also visit the Web Site Data menu on the Data Management page to view the number of sites stored cache and data on the Firefox app.
By clearing the cache and cookies on your Firefox browser, you give your browser more space to breathe and function effectively.
It will maintain the effectiveness of your browser and make it faster than ever. However, some websites can take longer to load after the cache and cookies are deleted.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Clear Cookies and Cache in Firefox browser, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.