Microsoft Edge for mobile is officially available on the Play and App Store. You can download Microsoft Edge Chromium for any Android OS or iOS mobile. Although one of the latest browsers, it offers you the best and the most modern features.
Microsoft Edge browser is even available for computers and laptops running on Windows, macOS, and Linux-based OS. Although being a new browser, it keeps updating the features that make it UX-friendly.
Since it is a new browser, many people still face the challenges of downloading it on their mobile phones. Hence, you can follow these steps to download Edge browser on your smartphone.
Download MS Edge for Android OS
You can easily download the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser on Android Phones. The Microsoft team officially releases the Browser for all Android users.
Follow these steps to initiate Microsoft Edge download for Android Phones:
- Open to Google Play store.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in Play Store.
- Tap on the Microsoft Edge details page in Play (app detail page added below).
- Hit on the
- Microsoft Edge will be downloaded and finished with the installation.
- To start Microsoft Edge, tap on the button.
This new browser version of Microsoft for Android is appropriately compatible with all extensions and sites. You need to sign in or log in with your Microsoft account to access all the features of Microsoft Edge.
Download Edge for iPhone/iPod
Microsoft Edge is also available for iPhones and iPods. The Edge is available in the Apple Apps Store. You can also use it as the default browser for your iOS phones by changing the settings.
Here are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPhone:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the search bar.
- Open the Microsoft Edge app detail page (direct link added below).
- Hit on the
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge browser will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the button to run the app for the first time.
Once the download is completed, you can open it and surf a few websites to check compatibility. You can even make it your default browser if you wish to. But you do not have to worry since it won’t bring any changes to your existing Browser.
Download Microsoft Edge for iPad
Microsoft Edge browser is also available for download and installation on the latest iPadOS tablets. The edge chromium version is fully compatible with the new iPadOS.
These are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPad:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the App Store.
- Open the Microsoft Edge page (direct link below).
- Hit the
button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Microsoft Edge will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit the button to run the Microsoft Edge app on iPad.
After successfully downloading Microsoft Edge on your iPad, you can start using it. You do not have to make it the default browser to surf through it.
Alternative to Microsoft Edge for Mobile
A few browsers are available for phones and tablets that are equally good as the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Opera Browser
Google Chrome currently dominates the mobile space for Android devices and Apple Safari for iOS devices.
Microsoft Edge is one of the most reliable browsers in recent times. Due to the dominance of Google Chrome on all devices, the Edge browser has remained an unsung hero for a long time. It is underrated, and not many people use it.
Also, it would be best if you neglected that any of the other browsers is not offering the new features in Edge.
Let me know if you’re facing any challenges or have an issue downloading Microsoft Edge on your cell phone.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Download Microsoft Edge on Phones and iPad, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.