Microsoft Edge for mobile is available officially to download on the play store and app store.
Though it’s in BETA, (update: Out of BETA) I have hardly faced any issues using it. You can download Microsoft Edge Chromium for any Android OS or iOS mobiles.
Microsoft Edge browser is even available for computers and laptops running on Windows OS, macOS and has also planned for Linux based OS.
I love using the Microsoft Edge browser on all my devices. The downloading part can be a bit tricky. So, I’ll walk you through the same.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download and install the Microsoft Edge on Android, iPhone, iPod, or iPad. We are also going to see the alternatives for Edge chromium. Let get started with Microsoft Edge download on a mobile phone:
Download Microsoft Edge for Android OS
You can easily download the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser on Android Phones. The browser is officially released by the Microsoft team for all Android users.
Follow these steps to initiate Microsoft Edge download for Android Phone:
- Open to Google Play.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in Play Store.
- Tap on the Microsoft Edge details page in Play (app detail page added below).
- Hit on the button.
- Microsoft Edge will be downloaded and finish the installation.
- Tab on the button to start the Microsoft Edge.
You’ve now successfully downloaded the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) for Android OS.
Download Microsoft Edge for iOS Phone/iPod
Microsoft Edge is also available for iPhones and iPods. The Edge chromium edition is available in the Apple Apps store. Below are the steps to help you download Microsoft Edge for iPhone or iPod.
Here are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPhone and iPod:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the search bar.
- Open the Microsoft Edge app detail page (direct link added below).
- Hit on the button.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge browser will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the button to run the app for the first time.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser for iOS devices.
Download Microsoft Edge for iPad
Microsoft Edge browser is also available for download and installation in the latest iPadOS tablets. The edge chromium version is fully compatible with the new iPadOS. Below are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPad.
These are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPad:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the App Store.
- Open the Microsoft Edge page (direct link below).
- Hit on the button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Microsoft Edge will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit on the button to run the Microsoft Edge app on iPad.
That’s it, you have now learned to successfully install the Microsoft Edge for iPad.
Alternative to Microsoft Edge for Mobile
There are also a few browsers available for phones and tablets that are equally as good as the Microsoft Edge Chromium edition.
- Download Google Chrome on iOS
- Download Mozilla Firefox on Android
- Download Apple Safari on iOS
- Download Opera Browser on iPadOS
The mobile space is currently dominated by Google Chrome for Android devices, and Apple Safari for iOS devices.
Bottom Line: Edge for Mobile
Microsoft Edge is one of the most reliable browsers in recent times. Due to the dominance of Google Chrome on all devices, Edge browser has remained an unsung hero for a long time. It is underrated and not many people use it.
Nonetheless, I like Edge browser. I have installed it across all my devices and advised my friends and family members to do the same. To help them to do, I have written this article on Microsoft Edge download for them.
Let me know if you’re facing any challenges or have an issue downloading Microsoft Edge on your cell phone.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on Phone or iPad?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.