Microsoft Edge for mobile is available officially to download on the play store and app store.
Though it’s in BETA, (update: Out of BETA) I have hardly faced any issues using it. You can download Microsoft Edge Chromium for any Android OS or iOS mobiles.
Microsoft Edge browser is even available for computers and laptops running on Windows OS, macOS and has also planned for Linux based OS.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download and install the Microsoft Edge on Android, iPhone, iPod, or iPad. We are also going to see the alternatives for Edge chromium.
Let get started with Microsoft Edge on a mobile phone —
Download Microsoft Edge for Android OS
You can easily download the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser on Android Phones. The browser is officially released by the Microsoft team for all the Android users.
Follow these steps to download Microsoft Edge browser for Android Phone:
- Open to Google Play.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in Play Store.
- Tap on the Microsoft Edge details page in Play (app detail page added below).
- Hit on the Install button.
- Microsoft Edge will be downloaded and finish the installation.
- Tab on the Open button to start the Microsoft Edge.
You’ve now successfully downloaded the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) for Android OS.
Download Microsoft Edge for iOS Phone/iPod
Microsoft Edge is also available for iPhones and iPods. The Edge chromium edition is available in the Apple Apps store.
Here are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPhone and iPod mobile:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the search bar.
- Open the Microsoft Edge app detail page (direct link added below).
- Hit on the GET button.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge browser will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the Open button to run the app for the first time.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser for iOS devices.
Download Microsoft Edge for iPadOS
Microsoft Edge browser is also available for download and installing in the latest iPadOS tablets. The edge chromium version is fully compatible with the new iPadOS.
These are the steps to download Microsoft Edge Chromium in iPad tablet:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the App Store.
- Open the Microsoft Edge page (direct link below).
- Hit on the GET button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Microsoft Edge will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit on the Open button to run the Microsoft Edge app on iPad.
That’s it, you have now learned to successfully install the Microsoft Edge Chromium for iPadOS.
Alternative to Microsoft Edge for Mobile
There are also a few browsers available for phones and tablets that are equally as good as Microsoft Edge Chromium edition.
- Download Google Chrome on iOS
- Download Mozilla Firefox on Android
- Download Apple Safari on iOS
- Download Opera Browser on iPadOS
The mobile space is currently dominated by Google Chrome for Android devices, and Apple Safari for iOS devices.
Let me know if you’re facing any challenges or have an issue to download Microsoft Edge on your cell phone.
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on Phone or iPad?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for amazing videos tips. Cheers!