Microsoft Edge for mobile is available officially to download on the play store and app store. You can download Microsoft Edge Chromium for any Android OS or iOS mobile. Although being one of the latest browsers, it offers you the best and the most modern features.
Microsoft Edge browser is even available for computers and laptops running on Windows OS, macOS and has also for Linux-based OS. Although being the new Browser, it keeps on updating the features that make it UX-friendly.
Since it is a new browser, so many people still are facing the challenges to download it on their mobile phones. The same was the case with my brother. He wanted to download this latest browser to his phone for better features but was not aware of how to do so.
I helped my brother with all the steps that he could follow to install Microsoft Browser on his mobile phone. With those steps, he installed the browser on his phone and now is helping out his friends too.
Download Microsoft Edge for Android OS
You can easily download the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser on Android Phones. The browser is officially released by the Microsoft team for all Android users.
Follow these steps to initiate Microsoft Edge download for Android Phone:
- Open to Google Play.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in Play Store.
- Tap on the Microsoft Edge details page in Play (app detail page added below).
- Hit on the button.
- Microsoft Edge will be downloaded and finish the installation.
- Tap on the button to start the Microsoft Edge.
This new browser version of Microsoft for android is properly compatible with all extensions and sites. You need to sign in or log in with your Microsoft account to access all the features of the Microsoft Edge.
Download Microsoft Edge for iOS Phone/iPod
Microsoft Edge is also available for iPhones and iPods. The Edge chromium edition is available in the Apple Apps store. You can also use it as the default browser for your iOS phones by changing the settings.
Here are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPhone and iPod:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the search bar.
- Open the Microsoft Edge app detail page (direct link added below).
- Hit on the button.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge browser will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the button to run the app for the first time.
Once the download is completed, you can open it and surf a few websites to check the compatibility. You can even make it your default browser if you wish to. But you do not have to worry since it won’t bring any changes to your existing browser.
Download Microsoft Edge for iPad
Microsoft Edge browser is also available for download and installation in the latest iPadOS tablets. The edge chromium version is fully compatible with the new iPadOS.
These are the steps to download Microsoft Edge for iPad:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Microsoft Edge in the App Store.
- Open the Microsoft Edge page (direct link below).
- Hit on the button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Microsoft Edge will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit on the button to run the Microsoft Edge app on iPad.
After the successful download of the Microsoft Edge on your iPad, you can start using it. You also do not have to necessarily make it the default browser to surf through it.
Alternative to Microsoft Edge for Mobile
There are also a few browsers available for phones and tablets that are equally as good as the Microsoft Edge Chromium edition.
- Download Google Chrome on iOS
- Download Mozilla Firefox on Android
- Download Apple Safari on iOS
- Download Opera Browser on iPadOS
The mobile space is currently dominated by Google Chrome for Android devices, and Apple Safari for iOS devices.
Bottom Line: Edge for Mobile
Microsoft Edge is one of the most reliable browsers in recent times. Due to the dominance of Google Chrome on all devices, the Edge browser has remained an unsung hero for a long time. It is underrated and not many people use it.
Nonetheless, I like the Edge browser. I have installed it across all my devices and advised my friends and family members to do the same. The people like my brothers who are so fond of Microsoft Edge can use the given steps to get an Edge browser on your Mobile Phone.
Also, you must also neglect the fact that the new features in Edge are not being offered by any of the other browsers.
Let me know if you’re facing any challenges or have an issue downloading Microsoft Edge on your cell phone.
How to download the MicrosoftEdge Chromium for my Android Phones?
To download the Microsoft Edge on your Android phone, you need to open the play store and search for the Microsoft Edge in the search bar. Now, open the app and click on the install to download the browser for your Android phone.
What are the steps to install Microsoft Edge on my iPhone?
For iPhones, you need to open the App Store and search for the Microsoft Edge browser app and click on Get. After that, the app will get downloaded and installed on your iPhone.
Can I download the Microsoft Edge browser from the official website?
Yes, you can also download the Microsoft Edge browser directly from the official site.