If you actively surf the web, you might know the terminologies like browser history, site cookies, and cache.
Whenever you visit a website, your browser records it in the form of history. While browser cache stores the information displayed on the webpages, such as images, and uses them to speed up the web page’s loading time. Cookies store your personal information, including credit card details, login credentials, etc.
When your browser starts behaving weirdly or something terrible happens with your browser, the first thing you can do to fix this issue is to clear history, cookies, and cache on the Firefox computer. Also, clearing that stored information from time to time is essential to protect your privacy.
Do you also wish to know how to clear the history, cookies, and cache in Firefox computers? Then consider yourself lucky; in this post, we will help you to learn about the steps that will help you to clear cookies and cache along with web browsing history in Firefox.
Clear History in Firefox Computer
Just like any other browser, Firefox also keeps a detailed record of users’ internet adventures. Firefox offers to remove the browsing history for any selected period.
Here are the steps to clear history in Firefox computer:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on a computer.
- Click on the Firefox Library and select the History tab.
- Choose the Clear recent history tab under the History section.
A clear recent history window will pop up on the screen.
- Choose the Time range to clear from the drop-down.
- Select the checkbox against the Browsing & Download History.
- Hit on the button.
This will immediately clear the browsing and download history records from the Firefox browser.
Auto Clear Firefox History
If the above option seems hard to follow, you can benefit from automatically clearing the browsing history on exiting the Firefox tab. Henceforth, you no longer need to clear history.
Here are the steps to auto-clear Firefox browsing history:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on a computer.
- Click to open Menu and select the Settings tab.
- Switch to Privacy & Security tab from the sidebar.
- Scroll down to locate the History section.
- Open the drop-down Firefox will choose Use custom settings for history.
- Enable the checkbox for Clear history when Firefox closes.
Mozilla Firefox automatically clears your history when you close your browsing session.
Clear Cookies from Firefox Computer
Cookies on your computer contain website information such as site data and login preferences. They used to speed up the website login time, but sometimes they conflict and begin to create a problem.
The best practice is to clear your cookies occasionally. You can either delete cookies for a specific website or clear all cookies. In this post, we will discuss both options.
Clear a Website Cookies in Firefox
Here are the steps involved in deleting the cookies data of a specific website in a Firefox computer.
- Click on the Menu and head to the Settings tab.
- On the left sidebar, you will see privacy & security click on it.
- Scroll down to see the Cookies and site data section.
- Click on the Manage data options. (shown in the below-attached picture)
- A new window, Manage Cookies and Site Data, with all the stored sites cookies will pop up.
- Select the website you want to clear cookies.
- Click on the Remove Selected button followed by Save Changes.
This will delete only the cookies of the selected sites. You can select multiple sites holding theor key.
Clear All Website Cookies in Firefox Computer
If you want to clear all your cookies from the Firefox browser, then you can follow the steps we have mentioned below:
- Click on the Menu on Firefox, followed by the Settings tab.
- Switch to Privacy & Security tab in the sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Cookies and site data section.
- Click on the button to lead you to the clear data dialogue box.
- Mark the checkbox available before Cookies and site data.
- Hit on command button.
This will clear all the cookies and site data stored in the Firefox browser. You can also use the previous method of clearing a single selected site; however, at step #5, you must choose the Remove All Shown command button.
Clear Cache from Firefox Computer
The cache must also be cleared occasionally to ensure a smooth browsing experience. Even a non-techie guy can clear the browser without a lot of effort.
Here are the steps to clear the cache from the Firefox computer browser:
- Click on the Menu and head to the Options tab.
- Choose Privacy & Security from the left panel of the browser window.
- Scroll down to locate the Cookies and site data section and click on Clear data.
- Mark the checkbox next to the Caches Web Content.
- Click the command button to confirm your request.
This will completely wipe out the website cache files and storage from the Firefox quantum browser.
Bottom Line: Firefox Clear Browsing Data
This is how to clear history, cookies, and Cache in Firefox computer? We have shared every possible step you can follow to do so. You can also use Firefox in Private mode to avoid storing the browser history, cookies, and cache data.
I always keep my browser clear without any traces. Perhaps you should also consider clearing the data now and then. It also helps maintain our data privacy and security in Firefox.
Therefore, follow these straightforward steps and free up space in your device. This will permanently clear all unwanted history data, cache files, and cookies, making your browser run very smoothly.
In addition to these, if you have any other steps also that we can follow, then let us know. Also, please share how helpful you find the Firefox clear history and browser data feature.