No doubt Google Chrome is one of the best browsers out there with a lot of customization options. One of the features is the ability to control the notification without any hassle.
Chrome has the ability to send the push notification one the users have opted for it. However, there are few site owners or webmasters who miss use the feature and send annoying notification very frequently. This creates fatigue and ends with disabling the notification.
If you are the one who has been traumatized with this notification, you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to learn how to stop and block the notification on Chrome Android.
How to Disable Chrome Notifications Completely?
Follow these steps to disable the Chrome notifications:
- Open Android Settings from App Drawer
- Tap on the Apps & Notifications from the Settings
- Select the Chrome app from the list of apps
- Within Chrome App Info, tap on Notifications block
- Here you will be able to see all the notification currently enabled or disabled
- If you want to completely stop the Chrome notification then toggle the Show Notification button and turn OFF.
That’s it. You will no longer receive the notification from Chrome for Android.
How to Disable Chrome Site Push Notifications?
While completely disabling notification is not suggested since there are many general notifications that help quite often. Instead, I suggest disabling the Site notification only in most cases.
Follow these steps to disable the Site notification in Chrome:
- Open Android Settings
- Tap on Apps & Notifications from the Settings
- Select Chrome App
- Tap on the Notification block
- Make sure that Chrome App Show Notification is turned ON and scroll down a bit
- Toggle the Show notification to turn OFF under Sites section
This will only turn off the site push notification, however, the General chrome notification like Content Suggestion, Downloads, Incognito, Browser, etc. will still be appearing.
How to Enable Chrome Site Notifications for Selected?
While most of the site push notification is useless, but I find some useful and very informative. Mostly the blogs that I follow and read regularly.
If you completely block the site notification or chrome notification then you may not receive any site notification. Hence, here my personal setup that I follow in Chrome notification settings.
Follow these steps to enable the site notifications for selected sites on Chrome:
- Open Android Settings
- Tap on Apps and Notification from the Settings
- Choose and Open Google Chrome app
- Within Chrome App Info, tap on the Notification menu
- Enable both Chrome & Sites to Show Notification
- Under the Sites section, disable the checkbox against the site you want to block the notification
- Similarly, enable the checkbox for the Sites or Blogs URL that you want to receive the push notification
Finally, you will be receiving notification from the sites you want to receive. All other sites that you haven’t enable the notifications will be blocked.
Chrome Notifications Video Tutorial
You can watch this video demo about customizing the Chrome notifications for Android. The enabling or disabling the notification is controlled from the Settings > Apps & Notification settings.
The Bottom line for Chrome Notifications
I hope this helps, you can easily customize the Chrome notification easily using the mentioned method. Like I mentioned, the Chrome notification can also be useful in some cases.
But definitely, you can have complete control of what notification to receive and block on your Android Chrome.
What is your personal setting for Chrome notifications? Do you enable or completely block it?
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Enable or Disable Notification on Chrome for Android?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!