The Firefox app on Android offers a feature to view the site security information and customize the site-specific settings. You can view the browser-site connection security status and manage the browsing data & privacy setup.
To view information and manage site-specific settings:
1. Launch the Firefox app and open the website page.
2. In the Address bar, tap the Padlock icon for options.
3. Choose Connection is secure to view the connection status.
4. Select Autoplay settings from the drop-down for the site.
5. Enable or disable the toggle switch for Enhanced Tracking Protection for the site.
6. Finally, tap on Clear cookies and site data to delete site-specific data.
The changes to configuration and settings will be applied only to the site loaded on the browser tab. For browser-wide setup, you need to visit the Firefox’s Settings menu.
In this guide, you will learn to view site security certificate details and configure privacy settings per your requirements. It will help you manage your browsing data privacy and protect you from unwanted trackers in the Firefox app on your Android phone.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
View Site Connection Status Information
Knowing the connection status between your browser and the website you’re browsing is good practice. If the connection is unsecured, you should avoid visiting such a site.
To view the site connection status, follow these steps:
- Launch the Firefox app on your Android device.
- Open any website you desire, and tap the Padlock icon in the URL bar.
It will display the connection status, whether it’s secured or unsecured.
- Select the Connection is Secure tab to view the security certificate information of the site.
When the connection is secured, the information sent is processed securely whenever you enter any password or financial information on the site.
If the connection is unsecured, do not enter any information. In fact, Firefox will warn you that visiting such a website without a security certificate may be unsafe.
Manage Media Autoplay for the Site
Most websites have advertisements and other content sections that may consist of audio and video elements. When you visit a website, the audio or video on that webpage may play automatically. You can manage the media autoplay from the site information settings.
- Open any website of your choice on Firefox Android.
- Tap the Padlock icon in the URL bar.
- On the Autoplay tab, tap the dropdown menu.
- Choose the desired option to Allow or Block the audio and video autoplay.
Based on the selection, the media on the site will be allowed or muted.
Customize Enhanced Tracking Protection
The Firefox app offers Enhanced Tracking Protection, enabled by default to prevent cross-site trackers from tracking your browsing activities. You can customize the option per your preference for the selected sites.
- Launch the Firefox browser app on your Android phone.
- Visit any website of your choice.
- Tap the Padlock icon, and enable or disable the Enhanced Tracking Protection toggle switch for the specific site.
- If you want to configure further, select the Details tab under the Enhanced Tracking Protection menu.
- Choose the Protection Settings menu to open the configuration page.
- You can choose between Standard, Strict, or Custom protection modes on the Enhanced Tracking Protection page.
As the name suggests, the Standard protection (enabled by default) offers lenient protection. Whereas Strict mode blocks all the trackers, some sites may not work correctly.
Alternatively, you can use the Custom option to block particular trackers and scripts while browsing the Firefox app.
Clearing Cookies and Site-specific Cache Data
You can clear cookies and site data of the website you visit within the Firefox app on your Android smartphone.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox on your Android.
- Open any website to clear its browsing data, and tap on the Padlock icon from the address bar.
- Select the Clear Cookies and Site Data option.
It will display the site address with a confirmation pop-up box to clear all cookies and data.
- Hit on the to confirm.
The cookies and all site data will be cleared for the specific site from the Firefox browser.
Read Site Info and Configure Settings
By viewing the site information, you can know whether the website that you’re visiting is secure or not. Also, you can manage the site tracking and clear the cookies for the website for better security and browsing privacy.
A similar feature is also available for the computer browser. You can view the site security information and manage the settings on your Firefox computer.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.