The Firefox browser on Android offers a feature to customize the homepage or start page. However, it cannot set a site address to load at the app launch. Instead, we can choose the Last tab option to open the last closed tab.
To change the start page, you need to:
1. Visit the Homepage settings in the Firefox app.
2. Choose the Opening Screen option to the Last tab.
3. Open a website in the browsing tab you want to reopen at the launch.
4. Close and reopen the Firefox app later to load the same website.
The feature to use the Last tab could be more user-friendly. Instead, you can use the Bookmarks or add the links to Shortcuts on the homescreen.
In Firefox for Android, there is no provision to set a custom URL for the homepage. However, there is a workaround on the Android you can follow to set a website to start screen on Firefox when you open it.
Change the Opening Screen to the Last tab
- Open the Firefox app and tap More for the menu list.
- Select the Settings menu and open Homepage settings.
- Scroll to the Opening Screen section and choose the Last tab radio button.
Now, to make the homescreen or start screen work:
- Visit your preferred website (say browserhow.com)
- Close the Firefox app on your phone.
- Relaunch the browser app.
It will open the last closed website (i.e., browserhow.com) at the start page.
With the mentioned workaround, you can enable the last tab to display when you launch the Firefox app.
Apart from this, you can always bookmark your favorite websites and access them easily. Or you can add the link to the homescreen using Add to shortcuts option.
Fortunately, the feature change to the homepage URL is available on the computer browser. You can utilize the feature to set a default homepage URL that will open when you launch the Firefox browser.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.