Mozilla Firefox on your Android phone offers the option to customize the theme and appearance. You can choose a color theme between dark and light as the default option.
To customize the theme and appearance:
1. Open the Themes settings in the Firefox app and choose between Dark or Light themes.
2. Visit the Customize homepage option from the menu list to change the layout and sections.
3. Change the background Wallpaper from the Homepage settings page.
You can enable or disable the toggle switch on the Customize Homepage option to personalize the start screen sections.
In this guide, you will learn to change the Firefox app’s dark and light mode theme. You can customize the homescreen to enable or disable the section and change background wallpapers.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Change Theme Color
Firefox browser allows you to choose from two color modes, Light and Dark Theme. To change the theme color:
- Open the Firefox app and tap on the More menu.
- Select the Settings menu, and choose Customize settings.
- Under the Theme section, select a theme between Light or Dark theme.
Based on the selection, the Firefox app skin color will change accordingly.
You may also select the option Follow device theme that will mimic the same theme as your Android device.
Change the Background Wallpaper
Follow these steps to change the background wallpaper of the Firefox homepage.
- Launch the Firefox app on your mobile device.
- Tap the More menu and select Customize homepage menu.
It will open the Homepage settings screen.
- Tap on the Wallpapers menu.
- Select a wallpaper from the collection of Classic Firefox or Artist Series.
The selected wallpaper will be applied as background to the Firefox app’s homescreen.
You can only select a wallpaper from the preset available list. Unfortunately, the browser doesn’t offer the option to upload an image.
Customize Firefox Homepage
Apart from the wallpaper section, a few homepage customizations are available in the Firefox app. Here are the steps to modify the homepage layout:
- Open the Firefox app on your Android device.
- Tap the More menu at the top, and select the Customize homepage menu.
It will display the different Homepage settings options.
- You may enable or turn off the Shortcuts section and the Sponsored shortcuts option.
- Toggle the switch to enable or disable the Jump Back In section.
- Enable or deactivate Recent Bookmarks and Recently Visited Websites sections.
Based on the customization, the homepage screen will be changed.
If you like a minimal visual on the homepage, you can turn off all available sections.
There is also an option to customize the Opening screen in the Firefox app; you can choose the radio option per need.
The Firefox app allows you to personalize the look and feel of the browser. You can change the theme and also change the homepage layout and background.
Similarly, you can customize the appearance and theme on a computer browser. It also has the option to change the font size and type per need.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.