The Firefox browser is the second most popular browser after Google Chrome. Supported by the Mozilla community and completely open-source project.
It’s free to download and share software available across multiple sections of the operating system. It’s available for download on Windows OS, Android OS, macOS X, and even Linux based operating systems.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download the Firefox browser on computers and laptops from the Mozilla official site. We will also cover how to install Firefox after downloading on each computer and laptop OS.
Let’s dive into the article and download Firefox on any computer or laptop device —
Download Firefox for Windows
You can easily download the Firefox browser for Windows OS versions like Windows 10. Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and earlier. The Firefox is available for download from the official site and the latest version.
Follow these steps to download the Firefox for Windows:
- Go to the Download Firefox website.
- Click on the Download Now button (direct download links are added below).
- Verify if the Firefox Installer.exe is being downloaded.
- The Firefox setup executable file will be available in the Downloads folder.
The Firefox is available for both 64-bit and 32-bit Windows operating systems. Make sure to select the correct option based on your OS for compatibility.
Follow these steps to install Firefox on any Windows OS:
- Double-click on the Firefox Installer.exe file.
- Allow installation by hit Yes command if prompted for authorization.
- The installation will be completed and Firefox will be open.
That’s it. You’ve now successfully downloaded and installed Firefox on Windows PC.
Download Firefox for Mac
Firefox is available for download on Mac OSX. It’s compatible with Macbook Pro, Air, and Mac Pro machines. You can download Firefox for Mac from the official Mozilla developer website.
Follow these steps to download Firefox for Mac OSX:
- Go to the Download Firefox website.
- Click on the Download Now button (direct download link is added below).
- Verify if the Firefox XX.XX.dmg is being downloaded.
- Firefox disk image file will be available in the Downloads folder within Finder.
Follow these steps to install Firefox on Mac OSX:
- Open Downloads folder in Finder.
- Double-click on Firefox XX.dmg disk image file.
- Drag the Firefox app to the Applications folder.
- Open the Firefox app from the Applications folder.
You’ve downloaded and installed Firefox on Mac OSX on your Apple Macbook.
Download Firefox for Linux
You can download the Firefox for Linux based operating systems like Ubuntu, CentOS, etc. If you’re not aware, the Firefox is pre-loaded along with the installation of Linux OS. However, if you still need to download the Firefox for Linux OS, you can follow the guide below.
Carefully follow the steps to download Firefox for Linux OS:
- Go to Firefox website
- Click on the Download Now button on the page (direct download links added below)
- firefox-XX.XX.tar.bz2 file will be downloaded into download folder
The Firefox for Linux is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems. Make sure to download the correct OS for your Linux based operating system.
Installing Firefox is a little different than the regular package installation. The compressed Firefox file will be downloaded in the Download folder. Hence, we need to move into a Home folder first.
Follow these steps to install Firefox on Linux OS:
- Open Terminal and go to your home directory cd ~.
- Extract the file to using the command sudo tar xjf firefox-*.tar.bz2.
- Close the Firefox if it’s open.
- To start Firefox, run the firefox script in the folder ~/firefox/firefox.
We have now downloaded Firefox and install on Linux based operating system.
Alternatives to Firefox for computers and laptop
Firefox is a wonderful open-source browser, however, you can also consider a few alternatives to Firefox on your computer device.
Hope you find this post helpful, please share your thoughts and comments. Also, let me know if you’re facing any challenges while installation.
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Firefox on Computer or Laptop?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for amazing videos tips. Cheers!