The Firefox browser is the second most popular browser after Google Chrome. Supported by the Mozilla community and completely open-source project, it is used by many around the globe.
It’s free to download and shared software is available across multiple sections of the operating system. It’s available for download on Windows OS, Android OS, macOS X, and even Linux based operating systems.
My best friend called me up yesterday to inform me that she has purchased a new Macbook. I was ecstatic. Later, she came home to set up the Firefox browser on her device. I taught her how to download Firefox on her Macbook.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download the Firefox browser on computers and laptops from the Mozilla official site. We will also cover how to install Firefox after downloading it on each computer and laptop OS.
Let’s dive into the article and download Firefox on any computer or laptop device:
Download Firefox for Windows
You can easily download the Firefox browser for Windows OS versions like Windows 10. Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and earlier. The Firefox browser is available for download from the official site and the latest version.
Follow these steps on how to download Firefox Quantum for Windows:
- Go to the Download Firefox website.
- Click on the button (direct download links are added below).
- Verify if the Firefox Installer.exe is being downloaded.
- The Firefox setup executable file will be available in the Downloads folder.
The Firefox is available for both 64-bit and 32-bit Windows operating systems. Make sure to select the correct option based on your OS for compatibility.
Follow these steps to install Firefox on any Windows OS:
- Double-click on the Firefox Installer.exe file.
- Allow installation by hitting the
command if prompted for authorization.
- The installation will be completed and Firefox will be open.
That’s it. You’ve now successfully downloaded and installed Firefox on Windows PC.
Download Firefox for Mac
Firefox is available for download on Mac OSX. It’s compatible with Macbook Pro, Air, and Mac Pro machines. You can download Firefox for Mac from the official Mozilla developer website.
Follow these steps to download Firefox Quantum for Mac OSX:
- Go to the Download Firefox website.
- Click on the button (direct download link is added below).
- Verify if the Firefox XX.XX.dmg is being downloaded.
- Firefox disk image file will be available in the Downloads folder within Finder.
Follow these steps to install Firefox on Mac OSX:
- Open Downloads folder in Finder.
- Double-click on Firefox XX.dmg disk image file.
- Drag the Firefox app to the Applications folder.
- Open the Firefox app from the Applications folder.
You’ve downloaded and installed Firefox on Mac OSX on your Apple Macbook.
Download Firefox for Linux
You can download Firefox for Linux based operating systems like Ubuntu, CentOS, etc. If you’re not aware, Firefox is pre-loaded along with the installation of Linux OS. However, if you still need to download the Firefox for Linux OS, you can follow the guide below.
Carefully follow the steps to download Firefox Quantum for Linux OS:
- Go to the Firefox website
- Click on the button on the page (direct download links added below)
- firefox-XX.XX.tar.bz2 file will be downloaded into download folder
The Firefox for Linux is available in both 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems. Make sure to download the correct OS for your Linux based operating system.
Installing Firefox is a little different than the regular package installation. The compressed Firefox file will be downloaded in the Download folder. Hence, we need to move into a Home folder first.
Follow these steps to install Firefox on Linux OS:
- Open Terminal and go to your home directory cd ~.
- Extract the file to using the command sudo tar xjf firefox-*.tar.bz2.
- Close the Firefox if it’s open.
- To start Firefox, run the firefox script in the folder ~/firefox/firefox.
We have now downloaded Firefox and install it on Linux based operating system.
Alternatives to Firefox for computers and laptop
Firefox is a wonderful open-source browser, however, you can also consider a few alternatives to Firefox on your computer device.
- Download Google Chrome for Desktop PC
- Download Microsoft Edge for macOS
- Download Apple Safari for Computer
- Download Opera Browser for Windows OS
Bottom Line: How to Download Firefox
Firefox is still preferred by numerous people around the world. Though it is not as popular as Google Chrome, it still holds a good hold in the browser market.
Many love Firefox over any other browser. My best friend wanted to download Firefox on her new Macbook as well since she is most comfortable with that one. Since she did not know how to download Firefox on her Macbook, I helped her do so. She treated me to ice cream later.
Similarly, we can also download Firefox on smartphone devices. The Firefox mobile is available across all the smartphone operating system.
Hope you find this post helpful, please share your thoughts in the comments. Also, let me know if you’re facing any challenges while installation the Firefox Browser.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Firefox on Computer or Laptop?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!