Opera is another free browser available across the different screen sizes and device manufactures. Opera supports all types of operating systems and runs seamlessly on any device.
It has many in-built features like one-click access to WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger; free VPN services, Ad-blocker, etc.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download the Opera browser for Windows, Mac and even Linux based operating systems. We will also cover the installation part of this guide.
Let get started with Opera browser on your computer —
Download Opera for Windows OS
You can easily download the Opera browser for the Windows operating system from the official site.
Follow these steps to download Opera for Windows 10 and earlier:
- Go to Opera website from your Windows OS machine
- Hit on [Download Opera] button to being (direct download link added below)
- The OperaSetup.exe file will be downloaded
- Double-click on the setup file to run the installation
Follow these simple steps to install Opera on Window OS:
- Run the downloaded OperaSetup.exe start the installer
- Hit on [Install] button to process the installation
- The Opera browser finishes the installation
You’ve now successfully installed the Opera browser on your Windows 10 and earlier version.
Download Opera for Mac OSX
Opera supports Mac OSX machines like MacBook, Air, Pro, and even the Mac Pro. You can download the package file from the Opera website and run the browser on your machine.
Follow the below steps to download Opera for MacOS X:
- Access Opera website from you Mac OSX
- Click on the [Download Opera] button next to Apple icon (direct link added below)
- The download will start and OperaSetup.zip file will be downloaded
Follow these steps to install the Opera browser on any Mac OS machine:
- Double-click on the Zip file to extract the Opera browser installer on Mac OS
- Run the Opera installer and hit on [Install] button
- Opera will finish the installation and later open the from the Applications folder
We have successfully downloaded and installed Opera browser for MacBooks.
Download Opera for Linux OS
The Opera also supports all types of Linux OS distribution. It’s completely free and can be downloaded from the official opera site.
Follow these simple steps to download Opera for Linux based OS:
- Launch the Opera website in your default browser
- Click on the [Download Opera] button (direct download link added below)
- The Opera browser setup will start and finish downloading locally
- Double-click on the Opera stable installer file
Here are the steps to install the Opera browser for any Linux OS:
- Run the installer file by double-clicking on it
- Hit on [Install] button for Opera Stable
- The install will start and automatically finishes
- The Open the Opera browser on Linux OS from the Application drawer
That’s it. We have successfully downloaded and installed Opera browser on the Linux based operating system.
Alternative to Opera browser for Computer and Laptop
There are few great alternatives to Opera browser that you should give a try:
- Download Google Chrome for Computer
- Download Mozilla Firefox for Linux
- Download Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on Windows OS
- Download Apple Safari on Mac OSX
Let me know in the below comments if you are facing any issue and what do you like about the Opera browser.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Opera on Computer and Laptops?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!