I remember Opera being my first browser to run on featured phones and it has evolved since then. It has big competition from Google Chrome and Firefox, however, the smartphones with the least RAM still work well with Opera (Mini).
My grandmother has an ordinary smartphone with not much RAM. Opera is the perfect fit for her. So, I taught her how to download Opera Mini on phone.
In this article, we are going to learn how to use the Opera download feature in a full browser experience on different handheld devices like Android Phones, iPad, iPhones, and even iPads.
Let’s get into the Opera download for smartphones:
Download Opera for Android OS
The Opera browser is available in the Google Play store for all Android smartphones. Just lookup up the app in the Play store and download the Opera for Android with one tap.
Follow these easy simple steps to download opera for Android Phones:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for Opera in Play Store.
- Tap on the Opera browser with the free VPN details page in Play (app detail page added below).
- Hit on the “Install” button.
- Opera browser will be downloaded and finish the installation.
- Tap on the “Open” button to start the Opera Browser.
You’ve now successfully downloaded the Opera Browser for Android OS. You just need to log in or sign-up to access all the features in the Opera browser. Also, the best thing is that it does not consume much RAM.
Download Opera on iOS Phone and iPad
The Opera browser has a different variant available for iOS devices. It’s not the regular one but still works as the original Opera browser.
Here is the step by step guide to download Opera for iOS:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod)
- Search for Opera browser in the search bar
- Open the Opera Touch web browser app detail page (direct link added below)
- Hit on the “GET” button
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Opera browser
- Opera browser will begin to download and finishes the installation
- Hit on the”Open” button to run the app for the first time
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Opera Touch web browser for iOS devices. Enjoy the lightest browser on your iPhone.
Download Opera for iPadOS
Just like iOS devices, Opera also has a different variant for iPadOS. It’s fully compatible with all the iPads and you can download it for free.
Here are the steps to download Opera for iPads:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS
- Search for Opera web browser in the App Store
- Open the Opera Touch web browser page (direct link below)
- Hit on the “GET” button to download on iPadOS
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode
- Opera Touch will download and finishes the installation automatically
- Post the installation, hit on “Open” button to run the Opera app on iPad
That’s it, you have now learned to successfully install Opera for iPadOS. Now, you can run the Opera Browser on your iPad with less RAM consumption. But you need to sign-up or log in to access all features.
Alternative to Opera for Mobile and Tablets
Here are a couple of alternatives available for the Opera browser if you want to switch to something different.
- Download Google Chrome on Android
- Download Mozilla Firefox on iPhone
- Download Apple Safari on iPad
- Download Microsoft Edge Chromium on Android
Bottom Line: Opera Download
Opera used to be very famous before Google Chrome gained popularity. Ever since Chrome gained fame, Opera has been treated as an inferior browser. Nevertheless, it still works well as ever.
Opera is compatible with devices with less RAM. It does not lag and works smoothly. Such is the case with my grandmother’s phone that has poor RAM. So, I told her about Opera download. Now it works well on her phone without lagging.
Let me know if you’re facing any issues with the installation of the Opera browser in below comment section.
From where can I download the Opera Browser for my iPadOS?
You can download the Opera Touch Web Browser for your iPadOS from the App Store.
How can I download Opera Browser for AndroidOS?
Open the Play Store on your Android device and search Opera Browser in the search bar. Now click on the green “install” button and download the Opera Browser.
How can I download the Olders Opera Browsers on my Mobile Phone?
To download the older versions of Opera Browser, you need to get the apk from third-party apps such as apk pure. You can simply search the Opera Browser app along with the version you need in the third-party apps and install the apk.