Mozilla Firefox is the second most popular browser, with about 8% of the market share. It has a great browsing experience, a rich library of add-ons, and easy customization, among other benefits. If you’re the one who likes absolute data privacy with zero personalization, then Firefox is your best bet.
A critical aspect of any browser is the ability to bookmark your favorite web pages so that you return to them quickly. We are wondering how you can import bookmarks from other browsers to Firefox or how you can export bookmarks from Firefox to other browsers. We got you.
For some reason, if you are moving away from the Firefox browser or switching from any other browser to Firefox, it’s recommended to carry your favorites or bookmarks.
Before we go any further, the assumption is that you have Mozilla Firefox installed as a browser on your computer. If not, you can download the firefox browser for free.
Export Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox
To export your Bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox, you will need to export them into an HTML file which can then be stored or used to import the bookmarks into another browser.
Here are the steps to export the favorites from the Mozilla Firefox browser:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on the computer.
- Select the Bookmarks menu from the menu icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- At the bottom of the menu, click on Manage Bookmarks.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, select Import and Backup.
- Click on Export Bookmarks to HTML option.
- A file explorer window will open, showing Export Bookmarks File.
- Choose a location to save the file, named bookmarks.html, by default.
You can choose to rename it depending on the occasion. Select any location to save the file that is easy to remember.
- Hit the
command button, and the Export Bookmarks File window will close.
You can now close the Library window. Your bookmarks are now successfully exported from Firefox and ready to be imported into another web browser or stored as a backup.
Do not forget the file name and location of the saved Bookmark HTML file. Otherwise, you might have to repeat the process because you can’t find your saved file.
Import Bookmarks to Mozilla Firefox
Once you have the bookmark HTML file in place, follow these steps to import it into Firefox:
- Launch the Firefox Quantum browser on your computer.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox Library on your toolbar.
Click the menu button and then Library if you do not find it on the toolbar.
- Click Bookmarks and then on Show All Bookmarks at the bottom of the resulting options.
- Select the Import and Backup option from the toolbar on the Library window.
- Choose Import Bookmarks from the HTML option.
- When the Import Bookmarks File window opens, select the bookmarks HTML file you are importing.
- Click the command button, and then the Import Bookmarks File window will close.
You can now close the Library window, and the bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks.
Bottom Line: Import and Export Bookmarks in Firefox
The process to import and export bookmarks on Mozilla Firefox is simple. There are just a few differences between the two; selecting the option to import or export depending on your wants.
As mentioned, you can import the bookmarks from any other browser that you no longer use. Or use the Firefox exported bookmarks into any other browser. It’s possible that you can also email the saved bookmarks HTML file and use it on any other computer device.
I am a fan of Firefox as it allows me to declutter my Chrome browser by assigning some browsing tasks to it. For example, all my favorite blogs opened in my Firefox browser. I visit it and refresh it to find out the latest updates from the blog. In this way, I can focus on Chrome for other stuff.
How do you use your Firefox browser? Is it your default browser? Share with us in the comments section below.