Mozilla Firefox app allows you to navigate between the pages using your Android phone’s forward and backward arrow buttons. You can use these navigation buttons to visit the previous page and the next one within the browsing sessions.
To navigate between pages:
1. Open the page and tap the hyperlinks to browse the few pages.
2. Tap on the Menu (3-dot) icon and select the Backward arrow for the previous page.
3. Similarly, tap on the Forward arrow for the next page.
Taping and holding the forward or backward arrow buttons will display the list of pages you can visit based on your browsing history. You can also use the gesture swipe navigation if your Android phone supports page navigation.
In this guide, you will learn to navigate forward and backward in the Firefox app on your Android phone. You can use the navigation buttons to traverse the pages you’ve browsed in the session.
Along with these navigation buttons, you can also use the touch or swipe gesture on your smartphone to move back to a previous web page.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Navigate using Arrow Buttons on Firefox
You need to browse through a couple of web pages on the website. After that, the forward and backward navigation buttons will be activated and help you move through the pages.
- Open the Firefox browsing app on your Android device.
- Launch any site and browse through its web pages.
- Tap the More menu, and you will see the Right and Left Arrow buttons at the top.
- Select the Left Arrow to navigate to the previously visited webpage.
- OR, select the Right Arrow to visit the next pages in the browsing session.
Unable to See Navigation Buttons on Firefox
A few users have complained that they cannot find the navigation buttons in the Firefox menu where they are supposed to appear. It could be a bug or a random glitch.
There are some quick troubleshooting tips you can implement to resolve the issue.
Update Firefox to the Latest Version
It might be the case that your browser app is outdated; hence, you need to update the Firefox app to the latest version.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap the Profile icon from the top right corner, and select the Manage apps & device menu.
- Tap on the See details command under the Updates available menu.
- If Firefox is on the list of apps with available updates, tap on
You can open the Firefox app to check if the navigation buttons appear in the latest version.
Force Close and Relaunch Firefox app
Firefox might get buggy a few times due to low memory resources. Hence, you must force close the app and reopen it to fix a temporary issue.
- Open Recent Apps or App Manager on your Android phone.
- Switch to the Firefox app card from the list of background apps.
- Close the Firefox app.
After quitting the Firefox app from the background task, open the Phone App drawer and select the Firefox app to relaunch as fresh.
These troubleshooting techniques have proven to fix for squashing random bugs not only for the Firefox app but for any phone application.
Navigate Pages Easily on Firefox Android
I hope this guide helped you to navigate forward and backward within the Firefox app on your Android. Navigation features make the browsing experience effortless. You don’t need to remember the page address or visit the Firefox app History tab to reopen.
You can find a similar navigation button in Firefox on the computer to browse between the pages.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.