Imagine you are working on a project that will need you to browse through different stuff. When you are on your computer with many tabs open and working your way through them then you may accidentally close one tab in an attempt of opening it.
Does this scenario sound familiar? If yes, then read on. You may find a solution to your problem.
Normally when I have many tabs open on my Mozilla Firefox browser, I accidentally close them in an attempt to reload them. The good news is that we can reopen those tabs in a few steps. I will take you through them.
There are various ways in which we can reopen Firefox recently closed tabs and we shall look at all. Thankfully, the Firefox offer various options that can be used.
Undo Closed Tab Option
The Firefox has the built-in feature to reopen closed tabs. Here, you will open the Firefox recently closed tabs or all the closed tabs in order of how they were closed.
Here are the steps to undo close tab in Firefox computer:
- To reopen the last closed tab in Mozilla Firefox, right-click on the tab bar and select Undo Close Tab from the popup menu.
- You can alternatively enter the Firefox keystroke shortcut + + on your keyboard to open the last closed tab.
Repeatedly selecting Undo Close Tab, or pressing+ + will open previously closed tabs in the order they were closed.
Reopen Specific Tab in Firefox
What if you want to reopen a specific tab and not just the recently closed one? The Firefox has the feature to display the recent highlights or closed tabs.
Follow these simple steps to reopen any closed tab in Firefox computer:
- Launch Firefox Computer browser.
- Click the Firefox menu button. in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Then, click the Library icon and then select History.
You can alternatively click the ‘Library’ icon directly at the top of the browser page then go to ‘History’.
- On the resulting History menu, click on a webpage you would like to reopen in the current tab.
- You can also access the recently closed tabs by clicking on Restore Closed Tabs.
You can also select the website link from the Recent Highlights that will display the recently closed tabs and popular website.
Reopen Old Tabs from History
What if you forgot the name or URL for a web page you visited last week and it’s not listed in your recent history? You can view your browsing history of the past week to get around this.
Here are the steps to reopen old tabs from Firefox history:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser on the computer.
- Click the Library button.
- Select View History Sidebar from the History drop-down menu.
- In the History sidebar, click This month to see all the webpages you visited in the month.
- Tap on the site you would like to open to view it in the current tab.
- The History sidebar will remain open until you close it using the X button in the upper-right corner.
If you want to open all the tabs you had open in your last browsing session, select the Recently Closed Window from the History menu.
The tabs are opened in the current browser window and the window resizes to the size it was in the last browsing session.
Bottom Line: Firefox Reopen Recent Closed Tab
Accidentally closing tabs can cause a lot of stress mainly when it dawns on you that you have to repeat the entire process of searching the web page and starting from scratch. You do not have to go through all of that to reopen a tab or window.
Follow the steps I have listed above and move on with what you had planned on doing on the internet. Just like me, you shouldn’t have to worry about reopening Firefox recently closed tabs. A similar feature also exists on the chrome browser for computers.
After I started using the Firefox undo close tab feature, I do not worry about accidentally closing an important tab ever again. Now, I can reopen Firefox recently closed tabs in no time.
Has this article been of help? Share with us your experience when it comes to closing and opening tabs in Mozilla Firefox for computers.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Reopen Recently Closed Tabs in Firefox Computer?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.