The Opera browser is also based on the Chromium project, which powers Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browser. Opera developed on top of Chromium, has many unreadily available features.
It’s also one of the oldest browsers that have been powering the featured phones. Or you can say this was the browser from which everyone started surfing the internet. But with time, as technology advanced, the Opera browser too. But not everyone can enjoy the latest and the fantastic features that the Opera browser featured recently.
We will learn how to update the Opera browser to the latest version of Windows, macOS, and Linux-based OS. The latest update from Opera includes security improvements, bug fixes, and stability enhancements.
It’s strongly recommended to keep your Opera updated.
Update Opera Browser
Opera Browser lets you know the pending updates with a red mark on the side of the settings icon. As soon as you learn an update is required, follow the steps, or check the updates regularly.
The steps to update Opera on Windows OS/Linux OS are slightly different than macOS. Here is how you can do:
- Launch the Opera browser on your computer.
- Click on Opera for menu options.
- Hit on Update & Recovery… command.
- The Opera Update & Recovery window will open and start checking for updates.
- Updates will be automatically installed if available.
The above steps work in both Windows OS and any Linus OS. For Mac OS, you must follow other steps slightly different from the one above.
Here are the steps to Update Opera Browser on Mac OS:
- Launch the Opera Browser on your Computer.
- Click on Opera for the menu option.
- Hit on the Update & Recovery sub-menu.
- The update will be automatically installed in the background. Or, Click on the check for Update to install manually.
The only difference in macOS is that the Update & Recovery option command is available under the menu bar.
That’s it. The Opera browser is updated to the latest version and will display the message Opera is up to date. If you’ve any significant updates, you may also receive a notification from Opera on your computer.
Opera Browser Update Frequency
Like every other browser, Opera also has three main channels for updates. The frequency of updates also differs for each channel.
- Opera Stable — updated once or twice a month (stable version)
- Opera Beta — weekly update (partially stable for testing)
- Opera Developer — daily update release (unstable)
Let me know if you’ve any questions or have an issue updating the Opera browser.
Therefore, installing the updates in the Opera Browser is easy and can be done quickly. Although the Opera Browser will keep you updated about the pending updates, you can still check it independently.
You must check the updates frequently to ensure you have all the latest features Opera has launched. Also, since the steps are more accessible than in any browser, you can do so in a few minutes.
So, if you also want your Opera browser to run smoothly with newly added features and upgrades, keep it updated.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Update Opera Browser on Computer, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.