It’s also one of the oldest browsers that have been powering the featured phones.
In this article we are going to learn how to update the Opera browser to the latest version of Windows OS, macOS and Linux based OS. The latest update from Opera includes security improvement, bug fixes, and stability enhancements.
It’s strongly recommended to keep your Opera updated.
Steps to Update Opera Browser
The steps to update opera on Windows OS/Linux OS are slightly different than macOS. Here are the steps to update opera on your computer system:
- Launch the Opera browser on your computer.
- Click on the Opera for menu options.
- Hit on Update & Recovery… command.
- The Opera Update and Recovery window will open and start checking for updates.
- Updates will be automatically installed if any available.
These above steps work in both Windows OS and any Linus OS. The only difference in macOS is that the Update & Recovery option is command is available under the menu bar.
And it will also look for updates automatically and install in the background. However, you can manually check by hitting on the [Check for update] button.
That’s it. The opera browser is updated to the latest version and will display the message Opera is up to date.
If you’ve any major update, then you may also receive the notification from the Opera on your computer just like this one below:
Opera Browser Update Frequency
Like every other browser, Opera also has 3 main channels for updates. The frequency of updates also differs for each channel.
- Opera Stable — updated once or twice in a month (stable version)
- Opera Beta — weekly update (partially stable for testing)
- Opera Developer — daily update release (highly unstable)
Let me know if you’ve any questions or have an issue with updating the Opera browser.
If you've any thoughts on How to Update Opera Browser on Computer?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for amazing videos tips. Cheers!