We all have been students in some part of our lives. With COVID-19 hitting our lives all around the globe, our life has come to a standstill. It has become more difficult for students around the world. With everything going digital and classes taking place online, every student must have the required resources to make their studies easier and more convenient.
Now, you may wonder how that is possible? Well, let me tell you that apart from the usual resources available online, there is also an additional feature known as browser extensions that makes everything easier for students. Google Chrome can add extensions to the browser that provide services not readily available on Chrome.
A week back, my younger brother’s final exams started online. He was extremely paranoid and did not know how to manage everything. Plus, he would also get distracted by all the unwanted content on the web and the noise around our house. I decided to help him by using Chrome extensions. Let’s find out more about them!
We have curated a list of some of the best chrome extensions that every student can use:
Clockify Time Tracker
Do you spend a lot of time scrolling through unwanted content? Then, worry not! The Clockify extension is here to help you.
Clockify Time Tracker chrome extension helps you in tracking the time that you spend working on a particular project, article, or so on.
Some of Clockify Time tracker most prominent features are:
- It is the best time management extension to boost your productivity.
- You can also set reminders and integrate with more than 50 web apps.
- You can also invite your group you are working with to analyze your performance together.
- You can manage all your projects and track your progress simultaneously.
However, it can also have access to some of your data that can put your privacy at risk. It also has some bugs that need fixing.
My Memorizer Tool
This is one of the most effective tools for any student since it helps you memorize anything and everything. If you are having a test or want to crack a quiz in a day, this is the chrome extension for you.
You can memorize anything that you want even if you are browsing the internet.
To name a few of My Memorizer tool prime features:
- You can select any text that you want to memorize and this extension will help you establish that.
- It will help you by sending quiz alerts at different intervals.
- It uses a special psychological technique by increasing the intervals of time to help you enhance your learning.
Although it is an amazing tool packed with amazing features it has not received any updates for nearly a year which makes it a bit behind the other extensions.
Are you someone who likes to make lists but is too lazy to do it with pen and paper? Well, momentum extension will take it away from you.
Momentum chrome extension helps you change your new tab page with a personal dashboard that lets you manage your to-do, receive a weather update, and also daily inspiration.
A few of Momentum major features are:
- You can set a daily task or to-do that you want to achieve by the end of the day.
- You will receive a motivational photo or message to boost your productivity every day.
- You will also receive the weather updates every day.
- You can also track your to-dos and other tasks efficiently.
Although it has so many useful features, it can lag sometimes and fail to customize the dashboard according to your wishes.
Grammarly chrome extension is the perfect tool to perfect your writing and make it error-free. If you are working through a long article or research paper, this is your go-to extension.
It is available on numerous platforms including Gmail, LinkedIn, Google Docs, and Twitter.
Some of Grammarly amazing features are:
- It helps you make your writing crisp and smooth.
- You can also add new words of your own to the dictionary.
- It not only corrects grammatical mistakes but also helps with punctuation errors.
- You can use it on numerous platforms including Google Docs, WordPress, Gmail, amazon others.
It is, however, packed with its share of demerits since its features are limited in the free version and more effective only if you pay for the premium.
With everything based online, there are times when you have to present or elaborate something for your assignment submission. In such a case, the Kami browser extension may come handy for you.
If you start using Kami, you can annotate any file, document, and PDF to make it as interactive as you want.
Some of Kami’s most important features are:
- You can reach your classmates and teachers in real-time, no matter where you are.
- You can also merge it with Google Classroom, Schoology, and Canvas.
- You can work with any document of your choice whether it is digitally or physically available.
- You can split documents as well as merge them easily.
- If you make it your default PDF viewer, you can annotate more easily.
However, Kami can be a bit tricky with all the licenses and similar things that grant permissions for specific people. The classroom design may also lag sometimes.
If you get distracted easily and start scrolling social media instead of studying, this chrome extension is for you. Dayboard is an extension that lets you organize your to-do and blocks unnecessary websites.
Dayboard will not only boost your productivity but also make you procrastinate less and channel your energy to necessary things.
To name a few of Dayboard amazing features:
- Once you set your to-do for a day, you will be reminded of it every time you open a new tab.
- It comes with an in-built blocker that blocks Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, and Twitter.
- The focus mode shows you only one task at a time.
- You can also look at your history and review your progress.
Although it is packed with so many amazing features, it still has some features in development that are still not available in the extension.
If you have problems with focusing on reading anything online due to the various distractions, then we may have a solution. Just Read is the perfect extension to help you read without any distractions.
It is highly customizable and blocks unnecessary ads that can take your focus away.
Some of Just Read prominent features are:
- You can remove the ads and popups of a webpage to make it read-worthy.
- You can choose between dark and light themes for your reader.
- You can customize the page’s styling according to your needs.
- You also have the option to print the customized version for yourself.
However, it still has some lagging issues that need fixing. Most of its features are available in its premium version instead of the free one.
If you are bothered by the sounds around you that deviate your attention, then Noisli is the extension you were looking for. It helps you focus by playing calming background sounds.
It helps block out unnecessary sounds when you are in a mood to focus or just spend a blissful time without distractions.
A few of Noisli amazing features are:
- It plays calming or soothing background sounds to help you focus better or relax after a tiring day.
- You can also play your sounds to focus well.
- You can quickly access and play your customized sounds.
- You can also check your progress.
However, some of its features like working in groups and sharing sounds are only available in the paid version.
Bottom Line: Chrome Extensions for Students
Chrome extensions can be a blessing in disguise for students who are struggling with their online classes. Each one of them has so much to accomplish in a single day. With deadlines approaching and exams at their heads, chrome extensions can help them release some pressure by managing their work efficiently.
I have suggested my younger brother use these chrome extensions as well. Since he has problems with channeling his energy into studying, I suggested him to start using the DayBoard extension as it helps him focus better by blocking social media. Furthermore, he had issues with the noise around our house. So, he started using the Noisli extension to help him relax and block out annoying sounds.
All in all, my brother was very happy that I could introduce him to such amazing chrome extensions that have added benefits. All these extensions will not only boost your productivity but also help you in time management.
Which is your favorite chrome extension and why? Let us know if we miss out on anything.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on 7+ Best Chrome Extensions for Students in 2021 [Updated], then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.