Mozilla Firefox is one of the most underrated browsers of all time. Although Google Chrome has been used extensively by a lot of people around the world, Firefox has surpassed Chrome in terms of a lot of features.
The privacy and accessibility that Firefox offers are far better than most browsers today. It has numerous features that are very helpful and one of them is the add-ons that Firefox has to offer.
Mozilla Firefox has an in-built feature known as browser add-ons that are similar to the browser extensions that Chrome and Edge have to offer. Add-ons help one access features that are not readily available on the browser. The add-ons help one do a lot of activities at once including sorting out passwords, clearing ads, or even proofreading the documents.
A week back, my mother approached me with the concern of blocking useless ads on her Mozilla Firefox. She had trouble concentrating while working. So, I taught her how to enable add-ons on her browser and use it efficiently. The adblocker available as an add-on is quite efficient.
Let’s have a look at some of the best add-ons for Mozilla Firefox:
Bitwarden is the best password manager among all its contemporaries. It helps you to manage all your passwords seamlessly without any worries.
Additionally, you can sync your passwords across all your devices. Now, you never have to stress about logging into multiple accounts across multiple devices.
Some of Bitwarden most prominent features are:
- You can create, store, and manage all your passwords seamlessly.
- All your passwords are synced across all the devices you log-in to.
- All your passwords are safely stored in an encrypted vault that prevents all kinds of data or privacy loss.
- Your privacy is given utmost importance as even the team at Bitwarden can not read your passwords.
Although it is loaded with so many features, the extension has some bugs that still need fixing. The syncing can also take some time across devices and does not happen instantly.
Are you very skeptical about their privacy? If yes, then you are in for a treat. Facebook Container browser add-on is your perfect match!
This add-on stops Facebook from collecting your data or record your web activity by keeping it separate.
Let’s have a look at Facebook Container significant features:
- It makes it difficult for Facebook to track your web activity by isolating it.
- Firefox never read any of your information used within this extension.
- It will delete your Facebook cookies and log you out of Facebook and direct you to a new tab whenever you use Facebook next.
- All the non-facebook pages will load outside this tab.
However, it also has some demerits. You may have trouble logging into Facebook outside the tab loaded outside this extension. You may also have problems sharing posts from Facebook to other apps.
Are you a content creator? Then you must spend a great deal of time researching and curating new articles every day. Editing and proofreading is a real problem.
However, you do not have to worry about it anymore since the Grammarly browser add-on is here to help you.
Some of Grammarly’s significant features are:
- Grammarly helps you edit and remove all writing and grammatical errors in real-time.
- It suggests new and innovative words for your existing words to make the documents more appealing.
- You also have the option to know the tone of your writing.
- It works on most of the websites including Twitter, Facebook, and so on.
- You also have the option to add your own words to the dictionary.
- You can also track your weekly and monthly progress on the add-on.
However, the features available in the free version are quite limited and not enough as compared to the premium version. The ads may also annoy you on the free version of the add-on.
If you are easily distracted by the ads and pop-ups on any website, then Ghostery is the perfect add-on for you. It will free all websites of useless ads.
Ghostery helps you block ads, pop-ups, and annoying notifications instantly.
Let’s have a look at Ghostery’s features:
- Ghostery blocks all the useless ads on a website to ease your browsing.
- It limits the use of every tracker that may endanger your privacy and collect your personal information.
- It helps in the fast loading of all websites.
- You can also customize your display to see only the things relevant to you.
Ghostery may still have some lagging issues that need fixing. Sometimes, it may not block all the ads completely which may cause problems later.
If you are keen on clicking screenshots now and then, Lightshot is the add-on for you. It helps you capture screenshots without any hassle.
Lightshot helps you capture and even edit them without worrying about anything else!
To name a few of Lightshot’s prominent features:
- You can capture and share screenshots almost instantly.
- You can select a part of the screenshot that you want before sharing.
- The screenshots are saved on your disk very easily.
- You can also search for similar screenshots.
However, the add-on can lag sometimes causing it to delay the time in taking screenshots. It has not been updated for 2 years and requires new features.
Are you someone who likes experimenting? Then, you should try the Firefox add-on named Greasemonkey as it helps you customize popular websites according to your choice.
The customization is achieved by tweaking the way the websites behave by making some changes to their scripts.
Greasemonkey is packed with loads of exciting features, they are:
- It enables your browser to support Greasemonkey scripts.
- When you launch it, you will have an option to download scripts.
- If you have code, you can create your scripts.
- It is extremely easy to use and set up.
Although it has numerous features, it has certain demerits. For instance, it does not have many configuration options and has no direct link to the user script as well.
Are you in constant need of saving time? If yes, then you can save a lot of time by using the Clippings browser add-on for Firefox.
Clippings help you save frequently entered texts so that you can send them immediately as and when required by you.
A few of Clippings’ most significant features are:
- Easy creation of a clipping from selected text on a webpage or even an email.
- You can also color-code your clippings to organize them better.
- You can easily access them with one click!
- You can even use shortcut keys for the clippings for faster pasting.
However, it does has some bugs that need fixing. Also, its features are restricted when Firefox is in private browsing mode or has restrictions in its privacy settings.
Tabliss browser add-on lets you customize the new tab according to your needs and preferences. You can choose from a variety of themes, backgrounds, and customization for the same.
Now, you will be greeted with a new design every time you open a new tab. Interesting, isn’t it?
Let us look at some of the Tabliss prime features:
- You have hundreds of customization options to create a new tab that is made for you.
- It is completely free.
- It keeps you productive and more organized throughout the day,
- It is lightweight and loads instantly.
- It has no access to your privacy and assures your safety.
It is nearly a perfect add-on as it has no major problems. However, it may lag sometimes due to overloading.
If you own a mouse and want to get things done faster than before, here’s your chance to do so. With Gesturefy, you can use different gestures on your mouse to get certain things done.
Well, it is clear that mouse gestures take far less time than keyboard shortcuts and are better in every sense.
Some of the Gesturefy notable features are:
- You have the access to unlimited mouse gestures.
- You can also customize gestures according to your needs.
- There is an availability of more than 70 preloaded commands.
- It also comes with user script support.
Although, it still does not load on some Mozilla pages and faces issues on the same. For gestures to work, the page should be partially loaded.
If you are looking for an add-on that lets you download videos and pictures and saves them directly to your hard drive, then your search ends here. Video DownloadHelper lets you do it all almost instantly without any extra effort.
Now you do not have to worry about missing out on your favorite cat videos anymore. They are easy and free to download with this add-on.
To name a few of Video DownloadHelper amazing features:
- Whenever there is a video available to download, you have a toolbar to carry out the process flawlessly.
- You can download from popular websites like Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and so on.
- It supports different types of streaming as well.
- You can download easily and quickly with a single click.
Although this add-on will help you download videos from different platforms, it will not help you in the conversion of these files as they are limited to the upgraded version that is paid.
Bottom Line: Best Firefox Browser Add-ons
With the advancement of technology, we have new updates and features available at our fingertips on the browsers that we use. One such feature is the use of add-ons on the Firefox browser. Add-ons that are similar to extensions make a lot of work easier since they help one in doing things that are easily not available on the browser.
I am a big fan of the add-ons myself. They help me organize my work better and also boost my productivity. Well, who would not like these add-ons?
When my mother asked me for a way to free her Firefox from all those useless ads, all I could think of was the add-ons. So, I introduced Ghostery browser add-on to her that filters the content and blocks useless ads on your browser. She was very happy.
I hope you enjoy using these add-ons as much as I did. They are efficient and make your work easier. Do you like Firefox add-ons too? Which add-on do you use most frequently?