Microsoft Edge is one of the few finest browsers that have been there since the beginning. No matter how much the other browsers have risen to fame, this one will always have a special place in everyone’s hearts.
Not to forget that Microsoft Edge comes pre-installed in almost all Windows laptops and computers. It makes for an obvious choice for users around the world.
We use our browser for numerous purposes. Be it browsing for our work or playing music, we do it all on the web browsers. Often when we are working on something important or preparing for a test presentation, the ads and popups on the browser may deviate our attention and annoy us.
It may cause so much frustration that we may even forget what we were working upon. I am sure you may have faced the same many times.
Adblocker hurt the revenue of content creator and publisher like me who offers service for free. If possible, please whitelist BrowserHow.com from ad blocks. Thank you for understanding!
Well, worry not. We have a solution. My brother was facing the same problem when he was studying for his test the next day. The video ads distracted him so much that he ended up closing the laptop and walking away. That’s when I decided to help him.
We have curated a list of the best Adblock add-ons for Edge that can help in blocking all types of ads. Including the display, videos, and pop-ups ads.
If you get easily annoyed by the ads on your favorite websites, then the AdBlock browser extension is your solution. It blocks ads from your favorite websites.
It can help you stay focused and block unnecessary ads from YouTube, Facebook, and so on.
Some of AdBlock’s important features are:
- It can block ads, pop-ups, and even video ads on your favorite websites.
- It blocks third-party trackers and helps you protect your privacy and security.
- You can customize everything and choose the themes as well.
- It enhances the page loading time and improves it for you.
Although it has loads of amazing features, AdBlock still has some demerits. The features are limited in the free version and most of them are available in the paid version.
If you want to enjoy seamless streaming on YouTube, then this browser add-on is for you. It is one of the most trusted ad blockers around the globe.
It not only blocks ads or pop-ups but also protects your privacy and helps you stay secure.
Some of Adblock Plus’s prime features are:
- It blocks irritating video ads and banners along with popups.
- It protects your privacy by guarding you against scams or malware.
- It also stops third-party apps to track your web activities.
- You can experience faster browsing at your fingertips.
However, AdBlock Plus still has some bugs that require fixing. Adblock Plus may also have some access to your data at some point but it’s quite negligible.
Ghostery is one of the most powerful ad blockers of all time. It has immense popularity due to its easy-to-use interface, blocking quality, and so on.
It also enhances your privacy and security and protects your personal information by all means.
To name a few of Ghostery’s features:
- It removes all the unnecessary content from a website so that you can focus on the content of your choice.
- It enables you to view and block trackers that collect your data.
- It helps you get your work done faster by optimizing the webpages as per their quality.
- All its default settings can be updated as per your liking.
However, Ghostery may lag sometimes and not block all the ads completely. This may cause inconvenience later.
If you are looking for an Edge add-on that takes half the memory than its competitors, then you are in for a treat. AdGuard AdBlocker is the perfect match for you.
AdGuard AdBlocker helps block ads from Facebook, YouTube, among other websites.
Some of AdGuard AdBlocker’s characteristic features are:
- It blocks video ads, banners, pop-ups, and text ads.
- It enhances the loading of webpages by removing unwanted data.
- It uses half the memory that the other blockers use.
- It also protects you from getting tricked by third-party apps.
Though AdGuard Ad Blocker is better than many of its competitors, it has not been updated with the latest features for a long time.
What makes uBlock Origin different from the others is its ability to function fully on a small amount of memory and provide numerous filters.
It can enable thousands of more filters than all the other blockers.
Some of uBlock Origin’s prominent features are:
- You can enable or disable it with one-click.
- It’s free of cost.
- You’ve numerous filters to apply on a website to be free of ads.
- It has a lower memory footprint than others.
Although it can do so much, uBlock Origin is nothing without its preset filters. It’s also a version that’s still in development and hence, can have issues that need fixing.
If you want to focus your undivided attention on your work and not on malicious ads, this extension should be your choice. AdBlocker Ultimate was designed with the same purpose.
Adblocker Ultimate blocks all ads and other content that may deviate your attention.
Some of AdBlocker Ultimate’s important features are:
- It blocks ads, pop-ups, and everything else that is unwanted.
- It helps block malware and other spam.
- It prevents your data from getting leaked by blocking third-party sites.
- It also allows you to easily accept ads that you want to be displayed.
Although AdBlocker Ultimate has so many benefits, it still has some issues that need fixing. It can often slow down your browser performance when it fails to block an ad or two. The features are limited in the free version.
Bottom Line: Microsoft Edge AdBlock Add-ons
We all want to work in an atmosphere that’s free of distractions so that we can work seamlessly and efficiently. These ads often impact our minds negatively and make way for loss of productivity. While working on Microsoft Edge, we all want an escape out of this.
To find a solution to this, we seek help from ad blocking add-ons. We have mentioned all the best ones on the list above so that you can take your pick from the same. All in all, they should cater to your needs.
The ad-blocking extensions also helped my brother to study for his tests without distractions. He could focus his attention only on his studies and he even scored well the next day. He thanked me a lot for the same.
Which is your favorite AdBlocking add-on installed on Edge Chromium?
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on 5+ Best AdBlocker Extensions for Microsoft Edge in 2021, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.