Microsoft Edge is one of the few finest browsers that have been there since the beginning. No matter how much the other browsers have risen to fame, this one will always have a special place in everyone’s hearts.
Not to forget that Microsoft Edge comes pre-installed on almost all Windows laptops and computers. It makes for an obvious choice for users around the world.
We use our browsers for numerous purposes. Whether browsing for our work or playing music, we do it all on web browsers. When we are working on something important or preparing for a test presentation, the ads and popups on the browser may deviate our attention and annoy us.
It may cause so much frustration that we may forget what we were working on. I am sure you may have faced the same issue many times.
Adblocker hurt the revenue of content creator and publisher like me who offers service for free. If possible, please whitelist BrowserHow.com from ad blocks. Thank you for understanding!
Well, worry not. We have a solution. My brother faced the same problem when he was studying for his test the next day. The video ads distracted him so much that he ended up closing the laptop and walking away. That’s when I decided to help him.
We have curated a list of the best Adblock add-ons for Edge that can help block all ads. Including the display, videos, and popup ads.
If you get easily annoyed by the ads on your favorite websites, then the AdBlock browser extension is your solution. It blocks ads from your favorite websites.
It can help you stay focused and block unnecessary ads from YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Some of AdBlock’s essential features are:
- It can block ads, popups, and videos on your favorite websites.
- It blocks third-party trackers and helps you protect your privacy and security.
- You can customize everything and choose the themes as well.
- It enhances the page loading time and improves it for you.
Although it has loads of unique features, AdBlock still has some demerits. The free version’s features are limited, and most are available in the paid version.
If you want seamless streaming on YouTube, this browser add-on is for you. It is one of the most trusted ad blockers around the globe.
It not only blocks ads or popups but also protects your privacy and helps you stay secure.
Some of Adblock Plus’s prime features are:
- It blocks irritating video ads and banners along with popups.
- It protects your privacy by guarding you against scams or malware.
- It also stops third-party apps from tracking your web activities.
- You can experience faster browsing at your fingertips.
However, AdBlock Plus still has some bugs that require fixing. Adblock Plus may also have some access to your data at some point, but it isn’t imperative.
Ghostery is one of the most potent ad blockers of all time. It has immense popularity due to its easy-to-use interface, blocking quality, etc.
It also enhances your privacy and security and protects your personal information.
To name a few of Ghostery’s features:
- It removes all the unnecessary content from a website so that you can focus on the content of your choice.
- It enables you to view and block trackers that collect your data.
- It helps you get your work done faster by optimizing the web pages as per their quality.
- All its default settings can be updated as per your liking.
However, Ghostery may lag sometimes and not block all the ads altogether. This may cause inconvenience later.
If you are looking for an Edge add-on that takes half the memory as its competitors, then you are in for a treat. AdGuard AdBlocker is the perfect match for you.
AdGuard AdBlocker helps block ads from Facebook, YouTube, and other websites.
Some of AdGuard AdBlocker’s characteristic features are:
- It blocks video ads, banners, popups, and text ads.
- It enhances the loading of web pages by removing unwanted data.
- It uses half the memory that the other blockers use.
- It also protects you from getting tricked by third-party apps.
Though AdGuard Ad Blocker is better than many competitors, it has not been updated with the latest features for a long time.
What makes uBlock Origin different from the others is its ability to function fully on a small amount of memory and provide numerous filters.
It can enable thousands of more filters than all the other blockers.
Some of uBlock Origin’s prominent features are:
- You can enable or disable it with one click.
- It’s free of cost.
- You’ve numerous filters to apply on a website to be free of ads.
- It has a lower memory footprint than others.
Although it can do so much, uBlock Origin is nothing without its preset filters. It’s also a version still in development and hence, can have issues that need fixing.
If you want to focus your undivided attention on your work and not on malicious ads, this extension should be your choice. AdBlocker Ultimate was designed with the same purpose.
Adblocker Ultimate blocks all ads and other content that may deviate your attention.
Some of AdBlocker Ultimate’s essential features are:
- It blocks ads, popups, and everything else that is unwanted.
- It helps block malware and other spam.
- It prevents your data from getting leaked by blocking third-party sites.
- It also allows you to accept ads you want to be displayed readily.
Although AdBlocker Ultimate has many benefits, it still has some issues that need fixing. It can often slow down your browser performance when it fails to block an ad or two. The features are limited in the free version.
Bottom Line: Microsoft Edge AdBlock Add-ons
We all want to work in an atmosphere free of distractions to work seamlessly and efficiently. These ads often impact our minds negatively and make way for the loss of productivity. While working on Microsoft Edge, we all want an escape from this.
To find a solution to this, we seek help from ad-blocking add-ons. We have mentioned all the best ones on the list above, so you can pick from them. All in all, they should cater to your needs.
The ad-blocking extensions also helped my brother study for his tests without distractions. He could focus only on his studies and even scored well the next day. He thanked me a lot for the same.
Which is your favorite AdBlocking add-on installed on Edge Chromium?