Microsoft Edge is a widely popular browser around the globe. It is one of the newest browsers that offer numerous features that ease the accessibility and privacy of the users. However, people still prefer using Google Chrome instead of Edge. Few features are provided exclusively by the Google Chrome browser but Microsoft Edge is not far behind.
Microsoft Edge has made several changes in its UI that have put it head to head with Google Chrome as a browser. One of them is the ability to use browser extensions. Extensions are an easy and effective way to provide additional features in a browser that are not available readily. They are small in size and easy to install.
Yesterday, my college friend called me up to help her with proofreading her research paper. She had not heard about Grammarly that could do the same for her. So, I helped her set up Grammarly as a browser extension on her Microsoft Edge browser.
For your convenience, I have listed out the best browser extensions that are available on Microsoft Edge. Let’s have a look!
According to my personal experience, Grammarly is one of the best extensions for Microsoft Edge in recent times. Grammarly helps you to correct the grammatical errors of your documents and boosts your productivity.
Grammarly is the best extension for people who spend a lot of time writing on their desktops or laptops. It makes your work easier, better, and error-free. You don’t have to edit or proofread your documents anymore as Grammarly will happily do it for you.
Some of Grammarly’s exciting features are:
- The editing happens in real-time. No time is wasted in the same.
- Grammarly is highly accurate which makes editing easy.
- Grammarly takes it a step ahead by providing explanations for your mistakes.
- It is highly customizable wherein you can add your own words to the dictionary.
However, it comes with its set of demerits. The free version of Grammarly is limited and offers fewer services than that of Grammarly Premium. The free version also has a lot of advertisements that are sure to distract and annoy you.
TreeClicks is a free Microsoft Edge extension that plants a tree whenever you purchase from their merchants. Their shopping merchants are over 50,000.
By using this extension, you will not only be able to make valuable purchases but also contribute to a good cause. Win-win, right?
Some of TreeClicks’ significant features are:
- The shopping price for all the products remains the same. There are no hidden costs.
- Tree planting is offered free.
- There is also the inclusion of a shopping cart along with other features to make your shopping experience easy.
- It also provides other SEO services.
It does have numerous benefits but it can lag frequently and also show old prices. The update of the extension is still in progress. Nevertheless, you always contribute towards something good by using this extension.
If you are someone who is addicted to social media and wants to get rid of it, the Cold Turkey browser extension is your savior. It helps in blocking websites of your choice so that you can work in peace without distractions.
Cold Turkey is one of those Microsoft Edge browser extensions that will boost your productivity and make you more efficient than before. Well, the Cold Turkey extension is loaded with numerous features to cater to all your needs.
Here are Cold Turkey’s features:
- You can block unlimited websites and customize your list as per your preferences.
- Every time you block a website, you will receive a motivational message to remind you to work.
- You can also have a whitelist of your own that will have websites that you want to allow.
- There is also an option to block specific pages of a particular website.
- You also have the option to block certain google searches.
Although this extension comes loaded with several features, it is quite limited as compared to the paid version of the same. The free version also has lagging issues that need fixing.
If you own a small or large business and wish to expand your business via email lists, then you are in for a treat. MailTag is the perfect extension that lets you schedule emails, track them, and even generate automated email follow-ups.
This extension will make your email management very easy and efficient than ever. You can manage it in real-time without making extra efforts. The MailTag extension has a lot to offer in terms of its features.
Here are a few MailTag’s best features:
- It works in real-time without any hassles.
- You will know about who has opened your email and when without making any extra efforts.
- It also has a free email signature generator.
- It sends you browser notifications whenever a new activity takes place.
However, it also comes with its set of demerits. Features like location tracking are not available on the free version and you need to pay for it. The extension may also show some bugs time and again.
Honey is a browser extension that is used to find the best deals on the internet with one click. It searches for the best available deals automatically and helps you save money.
If you are someone who is always looking for ways to save money online, then Honey should be your pick!
Some of Honey’s most prominent features are:
- The Honey symbol turns orange whenever there’s a deal available for you.
- You can shop normally as you want without making an extra effort.
- It works on 40,000+ stores including Amazon, Pizza Hut, and so on.
- Whenever you refer to the Honey browser extension to your friends, you both win 500 Gold.
Although Honey offers a lot of amazing features it is still limited as compared to Honey Gold. The paid version has more features than the free version.
OneNote Web Clipper
If you are someone who researches a lot online, then OneNote Web Clipper should be your go-to browser extension. It helps you clip, edit, and share information easily.
You can use this Edge browser extension for numerous purposes. It is sure to make your life better by storing important information online.
Here are some of OneNote Web Clipper top features are:
- It automatically detects the type of content you want to capture.
- Plan your next trip or remember important recipes by clipping images or plans online.
- You can access all types of content that you have clipped online.
- You can also highlight, customize fonts, and do more before you clip.
Though it offers so many features, some of them may start lagging after a significant amount of time. It has many bugs that still need fixing.
If you are looking for a way to manage your business meetings and texts better, then Loom is your solution. It enables you to record your screen and voice and share it instantly.
Loom also helps you do all this in a really short duration which helps you manage your time better without any hassle.
Some of Loom most prominent features are:
- You can record anything and everything on your screen even if it’s outside your browser.
- It is free of cost.
- You can create a workplace of your own with over 25 Creators.
- You can also edit your videos according to your convenience.
- It can be used by teachers and students for interactive learning experiences.
However, it can also have some issues that may cause the recorded video to lag. The editing is not very smooth as well and requires fixes.
If you get annoyed by pop-up ads and other annoying notifications quite frequently, then AdBlock will help you the most. It helps block pop-up ads on all the websites.
If you want to browse or read on Microsoft Edge without any distractions, then AdBlock will do the job for you.
Let’s have a look at some of the AdBlock’s significant features:
- It blocks all kinds of advertisements including pop-ups, banners, and video ads.
- You can stream videos and read on websites without any distractions.
- It blocks third-party trackers which enhances your privacy.
- It also blocks all malware or spam that may harm your device.
Although it is loaded with such amazing features, it may fail to block some ads sometimes. Also, customer care support is not available on the free version.
Do you have problems while accessing the websites in light mode? Well, worry not! With Night Eye, you can access all the websites in the dark mode now.
Night eye browser extension makes use of its unique technology to analyze the color scheme of a website and then convert it to night mode.
Let’s find out more about Night Eye’s important features:
- You can access all the websites in dark mode at your convenience.
- You can also adjust the in-built dark mode of websites like YouTube and change its themes.
- You can schedule the dark mode to be turned on and off.
- You can also customize the dark mode of your PDFs.
- They do not collect your data in any form and guarantee your privacy.
Although it is free and provides so many features, the readability in the dark mode can be questionable for several websites. It also lags sometimes.
There are times when we come across a website that is in an unknown language. In such cases, the Mate Translate browser extension is here to help you.
It can translate web pages in over 103 languages. You do not have to worry anymore if you wish to try a foreign recipe that’s written in French or German.
To name a few of Mate Translate’s prominent features:
- It can translate web pages and even Netflix subtitles.
- It offers a wide range of 103 languages to translate from.
- It is not only for reading and writing several phrases but it will help you achieve full mastery over a language.
- It also offers the feature to manually type in words for their translations.
- It also teaches you how to pronounce words or phrases.
Although it offers so many amazing features at one click, it has several bugs that are yet to be fixed. The translations can take more than the required time sometimes.
Bottom Line: Microsoft Edge Extensions
Edge extensions can be very helpful since they tend to offer features that are generally not available on the browser. In recent times, the popularity of extensions has increased. Now, more and more people are looking for extensions that will enhance their user experience and boost their productivity. Edge extensions are a great way to manage your time well and do more in less time.
I am sure that the extensions mentioned above will help you somehow in making your work life more efficient than before. It has surely helped me a lot in making my tasks easier than before. The Grammarly browser extension is a lifesaver for me at all times. As I write this article, I still make sure to use it to rectify my grammatical errors.
I suggested the same to my friend who was looking for a way to proofread and edit her research paper in a short period. Now, instead of doing it manually, Grammarly did it for her. She was extremely happy!
What is your opinion about the browser extension feature? Which extension is your favorite Microsoft Edge extension?
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on 10+ Best Microsoft Edge Extensions You Must Have in 2022!, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.