Did you perceive that you can edit your Google Chrome background with some simple mouse clicks? Why not combine your company logo to an image or use a festival photo for a well-designed Chrome background?
Today, in this article, I’ll show you how to change the background image and theme color in Google Chrome.
Themes and wallpapers can give us a personal taste of our devices. Maybe you like games, so you would keep gaming-related wallpaper and theme on your windows machine. Or maybe you’re into astronomy, so you might like wallpapers of beautiful galaxies and nebula.
Earlier, this customization was only limited to Windows and Mac machines. But now, you can even apply such customization settings to the Chrome browser. And not to mention, now there is plenty of background and themes available for Google Chrome, which we are going to explore today.
These themes can be worked on Chromebooks, mac, and windows computers and can be extremely helpful. So without wasting ado, let’s get started with our complete guide.
Change your Google theme in Google Chrome
It is not that much tough job to do. Also, a new theme can significantly help you to concentrate on your work and can remove the boring white background from your Chrome browser.
Here are the steps to change the theme in the Google Chrome browser:
- Launch Google Chrome browser on the computer.
- Open chrome web store on the browser and navigate through the available themes.
- Choose one that you wish to apply, then click to open the details.
- Click on the
That’s it; the theme has been added to your Chrome browser. The browser theme is now changed. If in case the theme is not added to Chrome, then you need to close all the windows of Chrome and re-launch it.
Make your custom theme in Google Chrome
In case you didn’t like the existing theme of Google Chrome, and then you can try this method and make your custom theme. For doing this, follow the article further.
Here are the steps to apply the custom theme in Google Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome on the computer.
- Open ThemeBeta site and log in with the Google account.
- Start the process by giving the theme a name.
- Tap on Upload an image and choose a picture from your internal device.
- Configure the picture by using the controls under the preview page.
You can also zoom in and out of the picture during configuration.
- After that, click on the Generate Colors.
This will edit the toolbars and menu in the theme to match according to what you have uploaded.
- Click on Pack and Install.
Now your theme will be downloaded.
- Google Chrome might see your downloaded theme as a suspicious file. Click on Keep.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select Show in a folder.
- Open chrome://extensions/ in Google Chrome.
- Now toggle the Developer mode within the extensions page.
- Drag and drop .CRX theme file from computer on the extensions page.
- Hit on command button on pop-up.
Lastly, relaunch the browser, the colors of your menu bar should be changed. It should also change the background images and theme color.
Change Background Image on Chrome
If you are not interested to install any third-party themes, or not interested in making one, then this would be an ideal choice for you. You can use some inbuilt accent colors available in chrome browser to customize the homepage background color.
Here are the steps to change the background image in Chrome:
- Open a new tab in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Customize button.
- A new menu will open with the option to change the Background.
- You can also choose a background image or upload any picture of your choice.
- Go to Color and theme, select any color here.
- Click on the button to save the settings.
This will change the background image of the chrome browser and also replace the color of the tabs and screen.
Bottom Line: Chrome Background Image
In my opinion, there is no reason to use a theme to your Google Chrome because it does nothing with your overall performance. It only changes the interface of the Chrome browser.
However, if you’re someone who likes to keep things aesthetically nice, then a nice wallpaper and a theme would definitely help your workflow.
After all, there are plenty of amazing themes available for you in the Chrome Webstore, and the best part is – they are free! And that’s a great price for some extra decoration in the Chrome browser.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Change Chrome Background Image and Theme?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!