Did you perceive that you can edit your Google Chrome background with simple mouse clicks? Why not combine your company logo with an image or use a festival photo for a well-designed Chrome background?
Today, in this article, I’ll show you how to change the background image and theme color in Google Chrome.
Themes and wallpapers can give us a personal taste of our devices. Maybe you like games so that you would keep gaming-related wallpaper and theme on your windows machine. Or maybe you’re into astronomy so you might like wallpapers of beautiful galaxies and nebula.
Earlier, this customization was only limited to Windows and Mac machines. But now, you can apply such customization settings to the Chrome browser. And not to mention, plenty of Backgrounds and themes are available for Google Chrome, which we will explore today.
These themes can be worked on Chromebooks, mac, and windows computers and can be extremely helpful. So without wasting ado, let’s get started with our complete guide.
Change Google Chrome Theme
It is not a tough job to do. Also, a new theme can significantly help you concentrate on your work and remove the boring white Background from your Chrome browser.
Here are the steps to change the theme in the Google Chrome browser:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on the computer.
- Open the Chrome web store on the browser and navigate through the available themes.
- Choose the one you wish to apply for, then click to open the details.
- Click on the
That’s it; the theme has been added to your Chrome browser. The browser theme is now changed. If the theme is not added to Chrome, then you need to close all the windows of Chrome and relaunch it.
Create Custom Theme
If you don’t like the existing theme of Google Chrome, you can try this method and make your custom theme. To do this, follow the article further.
Here are the steps to apply the custom theme in Google Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome on the computer.
- Open the Theme Beta site and log in with the Google account.
- Start the process by giving the theme a name.
- Tap on Upload an image and choose a picture from your internal device.
- Configure the picture by using the controls under the preview page.
You can also zoom in and out of the picture during configuration.
- After that, click on Generate Colors.
It will edit the toolbars and menu in the theme to match what you have uploaded.
- Click on Pack and Install.
Now your theme will be downloaded.
- Google Chrome might see your downloaded theme as a suspicious file. Click on Keep.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select Show in a folder.
- Open chrome://extensions/ in Google Chrome.
- Now toggle the Developer mode within the extensions page.
- Drag and drop .CRX theme file from a computer on the extensions page.
- Hit the command button on the pop-up.
Lastly, relaunch the browser, and the colors of your menu bar should be changed. It should also change the background images and theme color.
Change Background Image on Chrome
If you are not interested in installing any third-party themes or not interested in making one, then this would be an ideal choice for you. You can use some inbuilt accent colors available in the Chrome browser to customize the homepage background color.
Here are the steps to change the background image in Chrome:
- Open a new tab in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Customize button.
- A new menu will open with the option to change the Background.
- You can also choose a background image or upload any picture.
- Go to Color and theme, and select any color here.
- Click on the button to save the settings.
This will change the background image of the chrome browser and also replace the color of the tabs and screen.
Bottom Line: Chrome Background Image
I think there is no reason to use a theme for your Google Chrome because it does nothing with your overall performance. It only changes the interface of the Chrome browser.
However, if you like to keep things aesthetically nice, then a nice wallpaper and a theme would help your workflow.
After all, plenty of unique themes are available for you in the Chrome Webstore, and the best part is that they are free! And that’s an excellent price for extra Chrome browser decoration.