Google Chrome has the feature to clear the browser cookies and cached files data from it’s storage. We need to open the Clear Browsing Data window under the Privacy settings to remove the cache and cookies for any selected date range. The option to clear the site data is very much similar on computer and phone devices.
Chrome Browser is one of the most frequently used browsers across the globe. It is packed with various features that make it accessible and user-friendly.
Chrome Browser gives you complete control over most of the things available in the browser, including customization options. You also have the option to retain or remove data according to your wish. One such feature includes deleting browser history, cache, cookies, and other saved data on Chrome.
Whenever you browse anything on Chrome, your data is saved in the form of cache and cookies. However, it is important to clean this on a regular basis so that your browser does not lag or crash due to data overload. It also helps in the smooth loading of web pages. Additionally, it can fix formatting problems.
Clearing cookies and cached data can be done on your computer and phone. We have listed the steps for both device types below.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Steps for Chrome computer
The Chrome browser has easy options to enhance the user experience while adding the browser feature. The option to clear the browsing data is located under the Tools menu. You can also visit the Privacy and Security settings page for options.
You can easily get rid of the Chrome browser cookies and cache on your computer by following the below steps:
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the More for menu options and hover on the More Tools menu.
- Select the Clear Browsing Data menu from the list.
It will open the Clear browsing data settings window.
- Choose the Time Range from the drop-down and select the checkboxes for the ‘Cookies and other site data‘ and ‘Cached images and files‘ options.
- Finally, hit the command button.
You can easily eliminate cookies and site cache data on your Chrome Browser. It will also help rectify formatting issues and prevent your browser from crashing.
Steps for Chrome Android
The option to clear browsing data is available under the Privacy and Security menu tab. It allows you to clear the cookies and cache for Chrome on your Android phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the More for options and select the Settings menu.
- Open the Privacy and Security settings and select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Select the Time range from the drop-down and enable the checkboxes for the ‘Cookies and site data‘ and ‘Cached images and files‘ options.
- Hit on the button.
These steps will help to clear data on your Chrome Browser on your Android phone. This will ensure the smooth working of your browser and keep you away from unnecessary lagging and crashing issues that might have been caused due to corrupt data.
Steps for Chrome iPhone
Like Android phones, Chrome for iPhone or iPad also allows clearing the data for the selected range. The options to clear the browsing data can be visited from the Privacy and Security menu or directly under the More menu options. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Chrome Browser on your iOS device.
- Tap on More for options.
- Select the Clear browsing data option from the list.
- Select the Time range and enable the checkboxes for the ‘Cookies, Site Data‘ and ‘Cached Images and Files‘ options.
- Tap on the Clear Browsing Data command and confirm deleting the selected data.
That’s it. The browsing data will be removed from the Chrome browser, and it also helps regain the storage space the app has been occupying.
The browser cache helps in loading the website faster, while the cookies help in remembering the users and keeping the account signed in even after exit. The Chrome browser option to clear these browsing data helps resolve the most common browser errors.
On that note, it is suggested to periodically remove these browsing data to protect our behavioral privacy and unload obsolete files from the browser storage.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.