The Chrome browser lets you go through all the data and browsing history on your laptop, computer, and phone without hassles. You can easily browse all the websites you have visited in the last 90 days or even more.
However, it does not record the sites you browsed in incognito/private mode.
The browser’s History page will also show all the pages you have visited from the connected devices. However, if you have not signed into Google on all your devices, you won’t be able to view them.
Removing the browsing history option is available for all devices and operating systems. You can also delete the browsing history from your computer from the clear browsing data window. We have listed all the possible steps for deleting the browser history across all devices.
The Chrome browser looks and functions differently on Android and iOS devices. The options available on Android may not be available or located in the same position as Chrome for iPhone.
Hence, you should follow the steps per your device’s operating system.
Steps for Chrome Android
You can easily delete your Chrome History on your Android phone or tablet by following these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your Android phone.
- Tap on the More menu at the top-right corner.
- Select the History menu from the list.
It will display the browsing history.
- Tap on the Clear Browsing Data command.
It will open the Clear browsing data page.
- Select the Time Range from the available drop-down list.
- Enable the checkbox for the Browsing history option only and hit on the
It will clear the browsing history for a selected date range. It will also delete the history data in all the synced devices.
Steps for Chrome on iPhone
To clear your Browsing History on your iPhone or iPad, follow the below steps:
- Open the Chrome Browser on your iOS device.
- Tap on More for options.
- Select the Clear browsing data option from the list.
- Select the Time range and enable the checkbox for Browsing History only.
- Tap on Clear Browsing Data and confirm deleting browser history.
It will wipe off your browsing history on Chrome browser on iPhone/iPad. It lets you clear data according to the time range you selected.
Steps for Chrome computer
The Chrome browser is mostly the same across the computer operating system. The option to clear history is available on the Clear browsing data page. You have the fair choice of clearing your Chrome browsing history on the computer for any date range. You need to follow these simple steps:
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click the More option in the top-right corner.
- From the options, hover on the History menu and select the History tab.
It will open the browser history page.
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the left sidebar.
- Enable the checkbox for only the Browsing History option.
- Select the Time range from the drop-down and hit the
It will easily clear any unnecessary browsing history from your Chrome browser.
You cannot delete any browsing history you accessed in incognito mode or a private window because the mode does not store records.
By deleting your history, you can free up a lot of data on your devices and secure your information. It is highly recommended to clear your history once in a while. It is much needed for the safeguarding of personal behavioral data.
There are also options to clear the cache and cookies data from the Clear browsing data window. Whether you choose to clear site data from Chrome is up to you.
If you have any queries about deleting browsing history on the Chrome browser.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Clear History in Chrome browser, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.