Mozilla Firefox is available for download and installation on Android OS, iOS and iPadOS devices. It’s one of the oldest browsers that strictly protects the user’s privacy and safety by blocking all the trackers. It’s still available as a stand-alone computer browser under the name of Firefox Quantum.
Though it’s popularity is taken away by Google Chrome on a mobile phone, however, it’s still preferred by many around the world.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download Firefox in hand-held devices like Android phones, iPhones, iPods, and also iPads.
Let’s get started with the downloading the Firefox —
Download Firefox for Android OS
Firefox for Android supports the latest Android 10 and even earlier versions. It’s available in the Google Play store for free download.
Follow these steps to download Firefox for Android phones and tablets:
- Open the Google Play app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Search for Firefox.
- Select Firefox from the search results (direct link added below).
- Hit on the Install button on the Firefox page.
- Firefox will be downloaded and finishes the installation automatically.
- Hit on the Open button once the installation is completed.
You’ve now successfully downloaded and installed the Mozilla Firefox for Android OS supported devices.
Download Firefox for iOS
Firefox is available for both iPhones and iPods that run on iOS software. You can download the Firefox browser from Apple App Store.
Follow the below steps to download Firefox for iPhone and iPod:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Firefox in the search bar.
- Open the Firefox app detail page (direct link added below).
- Hit on the GET button.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox browser will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the Open button to run the app for the first time.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Mozilla Firefox browser for iOS devices.
Download Firefox for iPadOS
Just like iOS, the new iPadOS also use the same Apple App Store to download Firefox. All the iPads are supported Firefox browser.
Follow the steps to download Firefox for iPadOS for Apple iPad:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Firefox in the App Store.
- Open the Firefox page.
- Hit on the GET button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Mozilla Firefox will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit on the Open button to run the Firefox app on the iPad.
That’s it, you have now learned to successfully installed the Mozilla Firefox for iPadOS.
Alternatives to Firefox for Mobile
There are also few other web browsers that you may consider using on your cell phone and tablets:
- Download Google Chrome on Mobile
- Download Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on Mobile
- Download Apple Safari on iPhone
- Download Opera Browser on Mobile
Google Chrome app is pre-installed in Android smartphones, whereas the safari browser is the default in iOS and iPadOS devices.
However, let me know if you’re facing any issue to download Firefox for a smartphone.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Firefox on Mobile or Tablet/iPad?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!