Mozilla Firefox is available for download and installation on Android OS, iOS, and iPadOS devices. It’s one of the oldest browsers that strictly protects the user’s privacy and safety by blocking all the trackers. It’s still available as a stand-alone computer browser under the name of Firefox Quantum.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download Firefox for iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Android phones.
Let’s get started with downloading Firefox —
Download Firefox for Android OS
Firefox for Android supports the latest Android 10 and even earlier versions. It’s available in the Google Play store for free download.
Follow these steps for Firefox download to Android phones and tablets:
- Open the Google Play app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Search for Firefox.
- Select Firefox from the search results (direct link added below).
- Hit on the button on the Firefox page.
- Firefox will be downloaded and finishes the installation automatically.
- Hit on the button once the installation is completed.
You’ve now successfully downloaded and installed the Mozilla Firefox for Android OS supported devices. The steps for Firefox download are very simple.
Download Firefox for iOS
Firefox download is available for both iPhones and iPods that run on iOS software. You can download the Firefox browser from Apple App Store.
Follow the below steps to download Firefox for iPhone and iPod:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Firefox in the search bar.
- Open the Firefox app detail page (direct link added below).
- Hit on the button.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox browser will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the button to run the app for the first time.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Mozilla Firefox browser for iOS devices.
Download Firefox for iPadOS
Just like iOS, the new iPadOS also uses the same Apple App Store for Firefox download. All the iPads are supported by the Firefox browser.
Follow the steps to download Firefox for iPad:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Firefox in the App Store.
- Open the Firefox page.
- Hit on the button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Mozilla Firefox will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit on the button to run the Firefox app on the iPad.
That’s it, you have now learned to successfully install Mozilla Firefox for iPad with the latest iPadOS.
Alternatives to Firefox for Mobile
There are also few other web browsers that you may consider using on your cell phone and tablets:
- Download Google Chrome on Mobile
- Download Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on Mobile
- Download Apple Safari on iPhone
- Download Opera Browser on Mobile
Google Chrome app is pre-installed in Android smartphones, whereas the safari browser is the default browser in iOS and iPadOS devices.
Bottom Line: Firefox App Store
Firefox is one of the most underrated browsers in the world. It has always been considered less than Chrome since it is more popular. Still, the privacy features of Firefox are better than all the others.
Many people still prefer using the Firefox browser over the others. My parents are among them so I helped them learn Firefox download for iPad or iPhone. They were very happy. We can also download Firefox on computer devices.
However, let me know if you’re facing any issues downloading Firefox for your smartphone.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Firefox on Mobile or Tablet/iPad?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.