Cryptocurrency is the new big thing in today’s time. Everyone wants to get on the crypto bandwagon. If you want to get your hands on some cryptocurrency, be it Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Shiba Inu, you must set up a crypto wallet first.
What is a crypto wallet, you ask? It is hardware or software that keeps your cryptocurrency safe, just like a regular wallet keeps your hard cash safe.
The Brave Wallet is Brave browser’s cryptocurrency wallet. It is the first crypto wallet that is incorporated directly into the browser. No extensions are needed to use the in-built Wallet. It requires no additional programs to run and consumes less CPU and memory on your device.
Brave Wallet enables users to build, manage and store their portfolios from a single wallet. It is a great wallet that has multi-chain and NFT support. It also supports Ledger and Trezor. It offers users live market data thanks to its CoinGecko integration.
Having switched to the Brave browser a few months ago, it is a free wallet that is highly safe to use. Phishing and frauds are less likely to happen when you use Wallet because it is native to the browser and not an extension.
Whether you have decided to use the Brave Wallet or want to know more about it, we have detailed how you can set up and use it on the Brave browser.
Brave Browser Wallet Setup
To use the Brave browser wallet, you must set it up beforehand. The setup process requires the user to create an account and set a strong password along with recovery information.
Here are the steps to get started with Brave Wallet:
- Launch the Brave browser on the computer.
- Click on the More menu and select the Wallet menu from the list.
It will load the onboarding page.
- Hit on the
button and continue with on-screen instructions.
- Create a Password for Brave Wallet and Click on
It must be seven characters long, containing at least one number and a unique character. .
- Next, you will be given a choice of setting a 12-word recovery password that you may use to retrieve your principal cryptocurrency accounts. Click on the check box and then Continue.
You can skip this process but do it at your own risk.
- The following screen displays your secret Recovery Phrase, which you must enter to recover your Wallet. You should copy these phrases. Click on the box confirming that you have saved your recovery phrases, then click Continue.
- You will be taken to the confirmation page of the recovery phrase. On this page, you will have to enter all the words of your 12-word recovery phrase in the order that they originally appeared. Click on
once you have entered all the phrases.
- You will be taken to the portfolio of the Brave Wallet, and your account setup is complete.
The Wallet is ready to use. You can transact using Buy, Send, or Swap buttons on the right side of the screen.
You can also manage your account by clicking on the Account tab. You can perform functions like changing your account name, viewing the QR code, wallet address, etc.
The Brave Wallet is multi-dimensional. To use it, you don’t need any extensions or programs. All you need is a Brave browser.
Users of the Brave Wallet may purchase, receive, and transfer crypto assets between various chains. The Wallet makes it easier for users to manage their crypto portfolios. It is an open-source wallet that is built with an open MPL license.
When I started using the Brave browser, I realized I could use the Brave Wallet and better manage my portfolio. Setting up the Brave Wallet does not take long, and you can start using it as soon as you set it up.
It is easy and accessible. You can use it on your smartphone and computer, so you should seriously consider using it.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Setup and Use Brave Browser Wallet, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.