Ads are touted as the necessary evil. On one hand, they are the major source of income for publishers and website owners alike. Users, being completely aware of this fact generally don’t have any issues with these ads, if they are offered in the right manner. Unfortunately, that’s not usually the case.
Most of the sites nowadays end up showing intrusive ads and pop-ups that end up destroying the entire workflow for the users. This irks the end users and they instead prefer to install an ad-blocker.
With that said, many users are of the notion that they should still continue to support the genuine publishers who are taking the correct approach towards the ad placement.
As a result, they want to whitelist those sites. In doing so, the ad blocker would continue to carry out its default functionalities on all the other sites, except for the one that you have added to the exception list.
In this regard, nearly every ad blocker extension respects this decision and hence has natively added the feature to carry out the aforementioned task. And this guide shall make you aware of just that. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Whitelist a Site in AdBlock Extension
This tutorial will be focusing on the steps to whitelist a site from some of the most popular ad blockers. These include the likes of uBlock Origin, AdBlock Plus, AdBlock, AdBlocker Ultimate, and Ghostery.
Furthermore, we will be sharing two different methods for the same. The first one is a shorter approach and could be carried out with just a single click.
However, if you wish to add multiple sites at once or make further changes to these settings, then the second method within each adblocker extension section shall help you out.
uBlock Origin has made the entire process of adding sites to the whitelist quite easy to execute. With a single click, you could add the desired sites to the exception list.
Here are the steps to stop uBlock Origin adblocker on the website:
- Visit the Website URL.
- Click on the uBlock Origin extension icon.
- Hit on the blue Power Off icon if you wish to disable the ad blocker for this site.
However, if you wish to disable it only for the current page, then press the Ctrl key and while doing so, click on that Power icon.
Likewise to get more granular control over it whitelisting the website in uBlock Origin.
- Click on the Settings icon situated at the bottom right.
- After this, head over to the section Trusted site.
- Type in the website URL that you need to add to the whitelist.
If you wish to add more sites to this list, then hit the key for the next line, and then type the desired site address.
- Once all the sites have been added, click on the button.
That’s it, you have successfully whitelisted and unblocked ads for the desired site URLs in uBlock Origin.
This popular ad blocker allows you to add both the webpage as well as the entire website to the exception list.
Here are the steps to unblock ads in the Adblock Plus add-on:
- Launch the website on the browser.
- Click to open the AdBlock Plus extension icon next to the address bar.
- Now disable the toggle next to This Website to put a blanket ban on all the ads throughout this site.
- OR disable the This Page toggle so that it acts on the currently active page.
This will disable the ads blocking feature for the website or particular page within the website based on the toggle button.
If you need to whitelist one or more websites, then you can add the site URLs to the Whitelisted Website list.
- Click on the Settings gear-like icon from the top-right menu.
- Switch to the Whitelisted Websites section.
- Type in the complete URL of the website in the space provided.
- Click on the
- Proceed in the same manner as above for all the sites that you need to add to the exception list.
With this, the site has now been added to the AdBlock Plus whitelist section and you will now continue to get ads from this website.
Via just a single click, AdBlock allows you to pause its functionality during a single session or for the entirety.
Here are the steps to disable AdBlock on a website:
- Click on the AdBlock extension icon and you shall get a drop-down menu.
- Now refer to the Pause on this site section.
- If you wish to block the ads on this site only once, then hit the button.
- OR, for the permanent unblocking of ads on this site, click on
Based upon your selection, the ads blocker will be disabled on the website.
In order to allow more websites from ads, you can add the site URL to Stop blocking ads.
- Click on the Settings icon situated at the top right.
- Now go to the Customize section from the left menu bar.
- Scroll to the Stop blocking ads section and click it to further expand this menu.
- Finally, type in the desired website URL and hit on .
With that, you have successfully added the sites to the whitelist and the extension will make sure to respect this decision from now on.
It has completely streamlined the process of bringing back the ads to the site of your choice.
Here are the steps to disable the ad blocker on the website within the AdBlocker Ultimate:
- Open the website address on the browser.
- Head over to the AdBlocker Ultimate icon present next to the address bar.
- Now just turn off the Enabled on this site toggle and the ads wouldn’t be blocked on the said site.
You can further tweak this option at a granular level and whitelist more websites in bulk.
- Go to the Settings menu within AdBlocker Ultimate.
- Switch to the Whitelist tab and type the URL of all the websites.
- The changes will be saved automatically.
So this is how you could add your preferred sites to the AdBlocker Ultimate exception list. It has gone a step ahead and even removed an additional step of manually clicking on the Add button. You just need to type in the URL and it would do the rest.
A popular name in this domain, Ghostery provides a neat user-friendly approach to carry out this task.
Here are the steps to disable adblocking feature within Ghostery extensions:
- Launch website URL on the web browser.
- Click on the Ghostery extension icon.
- Hit on the Ad-Blocking icon situated at the bottom.
Doing so will disable adblocking on the concerned site. To further customize it and add more websites to the adblock whitelisting.
- Click on the situated at the top right and select Settings.
- Go to the Trust & Restrict section from the left menu bar.
- Under the Trusted site’s section, type the complete URL of the site where you wish to still display ads.
- Hit the icon to add this site to the exception.
With this, the site of your choice is added to the exception list and would continue to offer you ads. You can continue adding more website URL into Trusted Sites and disable them from the adblocking feature.
Bottom Line: Disable AdBlocker for Site
So this was all from this guide on how you could whitelist a site from various ad blocker extensions. We have covered all the popular ones, and as you might have noticed, each follows a near similar path to carry out this task.
All the sites that hold useful and important content usually display ads in such a manner that it doesn’t affect the site’s UI/UX and more importantly the user experience. And this kind of website definitely deserves a place in the adblocker’s whitelist. Instead, you should consider blocking only intrusive and pop-up ads that ruin the browsing experience.
You can consider adding our site – browserhow.com to the whitelist or trusted sites to support our effort to write such helpful content for free.
What are your views about whitelisting and adding the website URL as trusted sites on adblockers? Also, which AdBlock extension do you use in your browser.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Whitelist a Site URL on AdBlocker Extensions?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.