If the users wish to whitelist the website from AdBlocker, they can do so. The ad blocker would continue to function as intended on all other websites besides the one you added to the exception list. We have listed a few popular ad blocker steps to whitelist a website, and each extension has different steps for allowing ads.
Ads are touted as a necessary evil. On the one hand, they are the primary source of income for publishers and website owners. Users, being completely aware of this fact, generally don’t have any issues with these ads if they are offered correctly. Unfortunately, that’s not usually the case.
Most sites nowadays show intrusive ads and pop-ups that destroy the entire workflow for the users. This irks the end users, who prefer to install an ad-blocker.
With that said, many users think they should continue supporting genuine publishers who are taking the correct approach toward ad placement.
As a result, they want to whitelist those sites. In doing so, the ad blocker would continue to carry out its default functionalities on all the other sites except the one you added to the exception list.
In this regard, nearly every ad blocker extension respects this decision and has natively added the feature to carry out the task above. And this guide shall make you aware of just that. So without further ado, let’s get started.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Whitelist a Site in AdBlock Extension
This tutorial will focus on the steps to whitelist a site from some of the most popular ad blockers. These include the likes of uBlock Origin, AdBlock Plus, AdBlock, AdBlocker Ultimate, and Ghostery.
Furthermore, we will be sharing two different methods for the same. The first is a shorter approach and could be carried out with a single click.
However, if you wish to add multiple sites at once or make further changes to these settings, the second method within each adblocker extension section shall help you.
uBlock Origin has made the entire process of adding sites to the whitelist relatively easy to execute. You could add the desired sites to the exception list with a single click.
Here are the steps to stop uBlock Origin adblocker:
- Visit the Website URL.
- Click on the uBlock Origin extension icon.
- Hit on the blue Power Off icon if you wish to disable the ad blocker for this site.
However, if you wish to disable it only for the current page, press thekey, and while doing so, click on that Power icon.
Likewise, to get more granular control, allow the website in uBlock Origin.
- Click on the Settings icon situated at the bottom right.
- After this, head over to the section Trusted Site.
- Type in the website URL that you need to add to the whitelist.
If you wish to add more sites to this list, hit the key for the following line, and then type the desired site address.
- Once all the sites have been added, click the button.
You have successfully whitelisted and unblocked ads for the desired site URLs in uBlock Origin.
This famous ad blocker allows you to add the webpage and the entire website to the exception list.
Here are the steps to unblock ads in the Adblock Plus add-on:
- Launch the website on the browser.
- Click to open the AdBlock Plus extension icon next to the address bar.
- Now disable the toggle next to This Website to put a blanket ban on all the ads throughout this site.
- OR disable the This Page toggle so that it acts on the currently active page.
This will disable the ad-blocking feature for the website or particular page within the website based on the toggle button.
If you need to whitelist one or more websites, you can add the site URLs to the Whitelisted Website list.
- Click on the Settings gear-like icon from the top-right menu.
- Switch to the Whitelisted Websites section.
- Type in the complete URL of the website in the space provided.
- Click on the
- Proceed in the same manner as above for all the sites you need to add to the exception list.
With this, the site has now been added to the AdBlock Plus allowlist section, and you will continue to get ads from this website.
Via just a single click, AdBlock allows you to pause its functionality during a single session or for the entirety.
Here are the steps to disable AdBlock on a website:
- Click on the AdBlock extension icon, and you shall get a drop-down menu.
- Now refer to the Pause on this site section.
- If you wish to block the ads on this site only once, hit the button.
- OR, to permanently unblock ads on this site, click on
Based on your selection, the ads blocker will be disabled on the website.
To allow more websites from ads, you can add the site URL to Stop blocking ads.
- Click on the Settings icon situated at the top right.
- Now go to the Customize section from the left menu bar.
- Please scroll to the Stop blocking ads section and click it to expand this menu further.
- Finally, type in the desired website URL and hit on .
With that, you have successfully added the sites to the whitelist, and the extension will make sure to respect this decision from now on.
It has completely streamlined the process of bringing the ads back to your chosen site. Here are the steps to disable the ad blocker on the website within AdBlocker Ultimate:
- Open the website address on the browser.
- Head over to the AdBlocker Ultimate icon present next to the address bar.
- Now turn off the Enabled on this site toggle, and the ads wouldn’t be blocked on the said site.
You can further tweak this option at a granular level and whitelist more websites in bulk.
- Go to the Settings menu within AdBlocker Ultimate.
- Switch to the Whitelist tab and type the URL of all the websites.
- The changes will be saved automatically.
So this is how you could add your preferred sites to the AdBlocker Ultimate exception list. It even removed the additional step of manually clicking the Add button. It would be best to type in the URL, and it will do the rest.
A popular name in this domain, Ghostery provides a neat user-friendly approach to carrying out this task. Here are the steps to disable the adblocking feature within Ghostery extensions:
- Launch the website URL on the web browser.
- Click on the Ghostery extension icon.
- Hit on the Ad-Blocking icon situated at the bottom.
Doing so will disable ad blocking on the concerned site. To further customize it and add more websites to the AdBlock whitelisting.
- Click on the More situated at the top right and select Settings.
- Go to the Trust & Restrict section from the left menu bar.
- Under the Trusted site section, type the complete URL of the site where you wish to display ads.
- Hit the Plus icon to add this site to the exception.
Your chosen site is added to the exception list and will continue offering ads. You can continue adding more website URLs into Trusted Sites and disable them from the adblocking feature.
So this was all from this guide on how you could whitelist a site from various ad blocker extensions. We have covered all the popular ones, and as you might have noticed, each follows a similar path to carry out this task.
All the sites with valuable and essential content usually display ads so that it doesn’t affect the site’s UI/UX and, more importantly, the user experience. And this kind of website deserves a place in the adblocker’s whitelist. Instead, it would be best to consider blocking only intrusive and pop-up ads that ruin the browsing experience.
You can consider adding our site – browserhow.com, to the whitelist or trusted sites to support our effort to write such helpful content for free.
What are your views about whitelisting and adding the website URL as trusted sites on adblockers? Also, which AdBlock extension do you use in your browser?
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.