Opera Browser is one of the most underrated browsers used by people around the world. Although it is packed with so many amazing features that make this browser unique and different from the others. With its smart browsing and speed, Opera is ranked among the top browsers in the world.
However, it is not as popular as Google Chrome. Yet, Opera has surpassed Chrome in some of its features. Additionally, it also offers extensions for its users so that they can have access to the features not offered by the browser itself. The extensions are a great way for people with high expectations from their browsers.
Opera was the first browser that I ever used on my phone and since then I’m officially their fan. I also use it on my laptop but I was unaware of the add-on support provided by them and after some research, I added my favorite extensions to my Opera browser.
I’ll share the list of some of the best Opera Extensions according to me. Do have a look:
Enhancer for YouTube
Do you watch a lot of videos on YouTube? Do you suffer from a mild addiction to it? Then, we may have something in store for you.
This extension will make your YouTube browsing experience nearly perfect with its amazing features.
Some of Enhancer for YouTube’s amazing features are:
- You can view the video in a larger window.
- You can adjust the volumes according to your preferences.
- It automatically blocks ads.
- You can use custom themes.
- You can also play videos in HD or 4K automatically.
Although it is so brilliant, it can have a few bugs that still need to be fixed. Also, not all the ads are blocked by this extension.
If you are a fan of learning new languages or frequently browse foreign websites, Mate Translate will be the most helpful for you. Just like a mate, it will make everything better and easier.
This extension can translate any words or phrases for you and help you understand any given language.
Several of Mate Translate’s prime features are:
- It can translate into 103 languages.
- It gives you a choice between page translation and human translation.
- You can highlight any word or phrase and derive its meaning.
- It makes use of shortcuts.
- It also helps you with incorrect pronunciation.
However, it may take a lot of time in providing a simple meaning which can hinder your progress and waste your time.
Amazon for Opera
If you shop a lot from Amazon like me, this extension will become your instant favorite. It is your go-to feature for the best deals.
It will personalize your shopping experience and provide you with the best deals and products at all times.
Some of Amazon for Opera’s remarkable features are:
- It is the official Amazon assistant.
- It provides personalized recommendations for you.
- You’ll get updates in real-time.
- You’ll also be notified of the best deals.
- You can save your favorite products.
However, it may fail to notify you of the best deals all the time and users may face issues regarding the same.
If you have more than one social media accounts, it may be common to not remember the passwords or codes to all of them. LastPass will help you in such times.
You do not have to worry about remembering your passwords anymore with this extension.
Some of LastPass’s prime features are:
- You can save your login information and it’ll log in automatically every time.
- It also saves your addresses and credit card information.
- Your data can be available on any device free of cost.
- It is automatically synced across all devices.
However, the syncing is a bit flawed and may not sync all your data simultaneously. For times like these, you’ll have to input your data manually.
Emoji Keyboard by JoyPixels
If you love using emoticons and find it difficult to do so on your desktops, then Emoji Keyboard is your solution. With this, you can seamlessly insert emojis in any conversation.
It is fast, unique, and easy to use which makes it one of the most reliable keyboards.
To name a few of Emoji Keyboard amazing features:
- You can browse the emoji panel without the mouse.
- You can auto-insert emoji by selecting it.
- Your most recently used emojis are saved at the top.
- You can copy automatically by using the clipboard.
- You can customize the keyboard according to your choice.
However, it may have issues while working on Google applications like Sheets, Hangouts, and so on.
Evernote Web Clipper
As a kid, did you have the habit of saving important newspaper clippings and articles? Now, you can do the same with Evernote.
With the world going online, this extension will let you save and clip important information of your choice.
Let’s have a look at Evernote Web Clipper’s wonderful features:
- It automatically detects article content and makes it distraction-free.
- You can save the entire page or PDF of your choice.
- You can also save images.
- It also lets you highlight or annotate the pages.
- You can share the saved pages on Twitter or Facebook.
Yet, you need to allow the third-party cookies for this extension to work. It can be a major privacy concern.
Turn off the Lights
If you are someone who gets irritated by bright light and is constantly looking for ways to block it, Turn off the lights will be a lifesaver.
This extension will help you in browsing everything in the dark mode that will not strain your eyes.
A few of Turn off the Lights’ important features are:
- It can turn the light on and off with a single click.
- It supports many popular websites.
- You can also use keyboard shortcuts to enhance your experience.
- You can also customize YouTube.
- You can customize the way your screen looks.
Although it is packed with so many features, it can malfunction sometimes and not cover the entire screen in light or dark mode.
If you want to browse articles and blogs on the go and never miss any updates, Pocket is your perfect choice. It lets you save every important article anytime.
With Pocket, you can also read articles when your device is offline. It is a great companion while traveling.
Some of Pocket’s prominent features are:
- You can save any article with a single click.
- You can add tags quickly.
- It is free.
- The content can be available offline.
- It can be synced across any device you own.
However, the extension may malfunction and not save all your articles as quickly as you want them to.
If you want to browse all your websites free of any kind of annoying ads and pop-ups, AdGuard will help you achieve that.
This will block ads on almost all the popular websites including Facebook, YouTube, and so on.
To name a few of AdGaurd’s significant features:
- It can block all kinds of ads including banner ads, text ads, and video ads.
- It loads your pages more swiftly and easily.
- It blocks third-party websites.
- It also blocks trackers and malware.
- It also protects you from phishing sites.
Yet, most of its features are available in the paid or premium version of the extension and not in the free version of the same.
With our environment deteriorating every day and the level of global warming becoming a grave issue, it is high time we do something about it.
With TreeClicks, you will contribute to the environment every time you shop online.
Some of TreeClicks’ remarkable features are:
- It is free.
- The prices remain the same.
- It uses a large portion of advertising fees in planting trees.
- You can plant trees for free.
It has no setbacks as such but shopping with a new extension seems unnecessary and time-consuming.
Bottom Line: Best Opera Add-ons
Opera Browser offers a lot of features that can be effective to its users. It has been a leading browser all over the world with exquisite features and elegant UI to serve its users. However, it is still underrated and deserves more fame than it gets.
Opera also has the option to provide its users with extensions to help them in every way possible. From browsing in dark mode to removing unnecessary ads, the browser has it all. I’ve mentioned the pros and cons of all the extensions so that you can make a fair choice.
After I discovered the power of the Opera add-ons, I’ve not been able to get enough of them. My favorite extensions include Pocket, Emoji Keyboard, and AdGuard among others. They enhance my browsing experience a lot.
Which is your favorite Opera add-on you often use? Did it make it to the list?
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on 9+ Best Opera Browser Add-ons and Extensions in 2021!, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.