The Chrome browser allows us to manually add the address or location to browser storage that can be auto-filled in any form or registration page. You can also edit or delete the saved addresses that are no longer in use.
We can add multiple addresses, like work, home, friends, etc., and choose the appropriate one while filling out the form.
In this guide, we have shared the steps to save and manage addresses used for autofill in Google Chrome on iPhone & iPad.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Saving an Address for Autofill in Chrome on iPhone
The Chrome app allows manual addition of the address details used for auto-filling the forms. Here are the steps to add a new address:
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap the More option and select Addresses and more options.
- Tap on the Add address command button.
- Enter your location details in the corresponding text fields.
- Hit on to store the details.
The saved address will also sync with Chrome browsers with the same Google account.
Configuring Save and Autofill Settings in Chrome on iPhone
The browser can auto-detect the new address entry in the form and ask whether to save the address. You can either allow or deny the request.
Apart from that, the saved addresses are autofill in form fields, and you can configure both of these settings with a toggle switch. Here are the steps to configure:
- Open the Google Chrome app on your iOS.
- Tap on the More menu and choose the Addresses and More options.
- Toggle the Save and Fill addresses option and enable the toggle switch.
The browser will automatically fill in the address field and request to save new addresses.
If you turn off the toggle, the browser will stop suggesting to autofill the address fields. However, the address will remain on your device until you delete it.
Editing Saved Addresses in Chrome on iPhone
If you accidentally saved the incorrect address details, the Chrome browser allows you to edit the saved address. Here are the steps to edit:
- Launch the Chrome app on your iOS.
- Tap on the More button and select Addresses and more options.
- Select the saved address which you wish to edit.
- Tap on the Edit (pencil icon) within the field and change information as needed.
- Hit the button to save the edits.
The changes will be saved and used the next time while autofilling.
Deleting a Saved Address in Chrome on iPhone
The Chrome browser allows you to delete the saved address you no longer require. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the More for the menu list, select Addresses and more options.
- Tap on the
command at the top.
- Choose the address that you want to delete.
- Hit the
The address will be immediately removed from the Chrome browser and cleared from other Chrome signed-in devices.
The Chrome browser automatically fills the saved address into the online forms and registration field. Also, you can add multiple addresses and choose which to use to fill out any form. You can edit or delete the saved location if it is no longer required.
Apart from the Address, we can add the payment cards in Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Similar to the address, this will automatically fill in the credit card details on the payments page.
Similarly, you can save and manage the addresses in Chrome on your computer. The protected address in the computer or iPhone device sync between devices, and any changes made on one device will reflect on the another.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.