The Google Chrome browser offers the Reading List feature, allowing users to add open tabs and page links to read later.
The reading list is available in the Sidebar on the computer and under the menu on the iPhone browser. You can mark the page as ‘Read’ and ‘Delete’ if no longer required.
In this guide, we have shared the steps to add and manage the sites in the reading list in Google Chrome on different devices.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Adding the Site to the Reading List in Chrome on the Computer
The Reading List feature is an enhanced version of the bookmarks. Using this feature, you can easily safeguard the reading material you need later. The reading list feature is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux users. To add pages to the Reading List, follow the steps:
- Launch the Google Chrome on your desktop.
- Open the website you want to save to read later.
- Click on the Sidebar icon in the top right side of the address bar.
It will open the Sidebar panel.
- From the drop-down, switch to the Reading List option
- Click the button.
The website can be saved in the Reading List. Similarly, you can continue adding the currently open tabs to the reading list to access later.
Managing the Reading List in Chrome on the Computer
If you need to access, read, and delete the saved pages from Reading List, you need to open the sidebar and manage them in Chrome computer. Let’s find out how:
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click the Sidebar icon and switch to Reading List from the drop-down.
It will show all the websites you have added to the list.
- Click to open the page from the reading list in the browser tab.
- To manage the reading list, hover over any item and mark it as Read or Unread using the checkbox.
- Hit the to Delete it from the list.
This way, you can easily browse all the websites and manage the reading list.
Adding the URL to Reading List in Chrome on iPhone
Adding webpages to the Reading List can be done conveniently using the Sharing button. Follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open a website that you want to add to the list.
- Tap the Share option in the address bar or the More menu.
It will display the list of sharing options and menus.
- Select Add to Reading List from the menu.
The open tab or page will be immediately added to your Reading List for further reading. It can save you time finding the webpage you want to read later.
Managing the Reading List in Chrome on iPhone
Accessing all the websites you saved in your Reading List is straightforward from the menu options. The steps to follow are:
- Open Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the More menu present at the bottom.
- Select the Reading List from the top menu bar list.
It will display all the sites added to the Reading List.
- Tap to open the page that you want to read.
- To manage your list, tap Edit at the bottom corner.
- Enable the checkboxes for Reading List items, and select the Delete or Mark Read option per need.
- Hit the Done button to close the Reading List window.
That’s all you need to do to access and manage your saved websites in the Reading List on Chrome for iPhone or iPad.
You can easily save numerous web pages in the Reading List without hassles. The process is simple and comes in handy for avid readers to add the page to read later and mark them read or delete after finishing reading.
It can also help if you want to visit a website more than once, just like the Chrome browser bookmarks.
Reading List is a valuable feature that is only available for desktop and iOS devices for now. However, it is expected to launch on Chrome for Android very soon.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.