Google Chrome is one of the most advanced browsers that allows you to access various features. You can bookmark your favorite sites and access them effortlessly on your computer and mobile.
You can export your bookmarks to any device of your choice. Google Chrome allows you to effortlessly sync your bookmarks and access them on any device with Google Chrome in them. All you need to do is: turn on the sync feature on your devices. Thereafter, you can easily export your bookmarks.
You can export your bookmarks from computers; however, for the phone, you need to sync with the computer browser and then export the same. We have listed down simple yet thorough steps which you can help you export the bookmarks from the Chrome browser.
From Chrome Computer
The browser bookmarks are stored and categorized into folders according to our needs. Follow these steps to export your bookmarks from your Chrome browser on the computer:
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the More menu and select Bookmark Manager under the Bookmarks menu.
It will open Bookmark Manager on the computer.
- Click on the Options menu within the Bookmark Manager.
- Select the Export bookmarks option and choose the location on your system to save the exported bookmarks in HTML format.
The Bookmarks will be saved in the .HTML format that can be easily read and imported into any web browser you desire to switch.
Export Bookmarks on Phone
The export feature is not readily available on your Android or iPhone. However, you should first sync your bookmarks from your Mobile browser to your computer to perform the bookmarks export function as mentioned.
Sync Chrome Android
Follow the steps to sync data from Chrome on Android:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the More for options menu and select the Settings menu.
- Tap on Turn on Sync and sign in with the same Google account on the desktop.
- Enable the option to Sync Everything for data sync.
Sync Chrome for iPhone
For syncing bookmarks and data from Chrome for iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Chrome app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Profile icon on the start page.
- Tap on the Turn on Sync option and sign in with the same Google account on the desktop.
- Hit on the and enable the Sync Everything option.
Follow the Chrome browser data sync guide with steps and screenshots that can help you with the entire process.
Once you connect the devices and enable the sync, the bookmarks and other browsing data will be synced and available across the devices, including the computer browser. You can simply follow the previously mentioned steps on exporting bookmarks from Chrome computer to export bookmarks available on mobile devices.
Google Chrome gives you an effective tool to export your bookmarks to other devices. This enables you to import and browse your bookmarks on any browser.
The exporting bookmarks feature is available for computers browser; however, you can sync it from the mobile device to connect Chrome on your computer for easy export.
The exported file in HTML format can be shared and uploaded into any other browser that you are migrating.
The web browser does have a built-in data importer feature that automatically imports the bookmarks and other data directly from Chrome. All you need is to select the source browser i.e. Google Chrome, while running the importer.
You can check out this article on Firefox browser data importer that can directly import the Bookmarks and other browser data.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback on How to Export Bookmarks in Chrome browser, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.