The Opera browser allows to change the file download location which can be different from the default Downloads folder.
It also has the toggle switch to ask where to save the downloads whenever you download a new file. It helps to organizing the downloaded file in a separate drive or partition.
The option to customize download settings is available under the Downloads settings section.
In this guide, we have shared the steps to manage the download location and settings in the Opera browser on a computer.
Managing the Download Settings in Opera on a Computer
The Opera Browser allows you to manage your downloads and provide a destination for them. It helps you check your computer storage and switch between the disks aptly. Here are the steps to manage the download settings:
- Launch the Opera browser app on your computer.
- Click on the Settings in the sidebar.
It will open the Settings page in the Opera browser.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced settings.
- Again, scroll down to the Downloads section.
It will display two options for download settings.
- Click on the
for the Locations option.
- Choose the preferred new download location with Finder or File Explorer.
- Hit the to make the changes.
- Next, enable the toggle button for Ask where to save each file before downloading option.
We have successfully changed the download location folder and enabled the toggle to ask before downloading a file.
The Opera browser can customize the download folder or drive location within the browser. It also allows us to enable the feature that asks where to save each file before downloading.
It also has the feature to save and download pages for offline access, which is useful when disconnected from the network.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.