The Opera browser offers great customization under the Appearance settings.
It allows to change between light mode to dark theme and vice versa. We can select the theme appearance and set a custom background image per our preference.
There are easy toggle options to enable and disable the sidebar and bookmark bar, allowing for a complete browser overhaul.
In this guide, we have shared the steps to change the color theme and customize the appearance of sites in the Opera browser on a computer.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Changing the Color Theme in Opera on a Computer
The Opera Browser offers the option to choose between light and dark modes. It also offers the option to set a wallpaper background. Here are the steps to change the theme’s appearance:
- Launch the Opera browser app on the computer.
- Click on Customize to open the easy setup panel.
- Choose the Dark/Light option under the Theme section.
- Next, enable the toggle for Show wallpaper under the Start Page section.
- Click on
It will open the file explorer window.
button to add a custom image.
- Select the image and click on command.
It will apply the wallpaper as background on the Opera homepage page.
You can choose a wallpaper from the given set or customize it by adding a new one from your computer. You also have the option to enable or disable the wallpaper.
Changing the Appearance of Opera on the Computer
The appearance of the Opera Browser matters a lot as it’s the first thing you look at when you open the browser. The Opera browser offers complete appearance customization along with themes and wallpapers. Here are the steps to change the appearance:
- Launch the Opera browser on your computer.
- Go to Settings from the sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section.
- Toggle the Show bookmark bar to enable or disable the Bookmarks bar.
- Choose the desired Font size from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Customize fonts menu for advanced font customization.
You can change font type and size under the Customize Fonts menu.
- Set the default page zoom size from the drop-down menu under Page Zoom.
The Opera browser will be customized and appear for you based on each option and configuration selection.
The option to customize the browser helps personalize and refresh our mood. The Opera browser lets you change the color theme and customize different appearance settings.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.