Most of the popular web browsers support the reader mode or reader’s view as a built-in feature. But, Microsoft has taken the reader Mode aka Immersive Reader to the next level in their Edge Chromium browser.
The main objective of the reader mode is to eliminate all the unwanted elements and ads to provide a clear and simple reading output. Just like Amazon kindle or any e-reader software app.
The edge immersive reader is a next-level game that has added all the reader assisted features. It has also added the Read Aloud feature which is nothing but text-to-speech technology. It also has the line focus and grammar tool for avid readers and writers.
I always look for a clutter-free reading experience, especially on news sites. And with the edge immersive reader feature, I’m quite stunned. It makes my reading experience amazing.
One can easily activate the edge immersive reading from the URL bar. However, it’s not available for every site. The immersive reading is only available for text-heavy web pages like news articles, blog posts, wiki pages, etc.
How to Enable Immersive Reader Mode in Edge?
We all desire the best reading experience. For best results, we want our reading page to be ad-free. It is now possible with the edge immersive reader.
Here are the steps to enable immersive reader mode or simplified view in Edge computer:
- Launch Microsoft Edge browser on a computer.
- Open a web page* on the browser.
- Click on the Immersive Reader icon in URL OR hit keyboard shortcut.
- Select the appropriate settings to view readers’ mode and settings.
That’s it. Based on your reader mode settings, the output text will appear in a simplified reader view. We can customize text size, spacing, and page themes (like color and background). Compared to any other computer browser, the edge immersive reader mode is outstanding.
[* The edge immersive reader mode won’t appear on every page. It works only on text-heavy sites, like blogs, news sites, and wiki pages.]
Apart from (immersive) reading mode, the Microsoft Edge offers Read aloud, Grammar tools, and Reading preferences. You can also pin and unpin the reader view toolbar while reading.
Talking more about the immersive reader toolbar —
- Read aloud: Helps in converting the text to speech for reading out page content loud and clear. We can choose the output audio and speed under voice options.
- Text preference: Helps to customize the output of the reader view as per our needs. Like mentioned, it helps in altering the text and color for better readability.
- Grammar tools: This is something cool that I haven’t found in any other browser. It breaks down and highlights the sentences grammatically in parts of speech.
- Reading preference: It helps in assisting the readability of a text like highlighting (line focus), picture dictionary, and also text translation.
Bottom Line: Edge Immersive Reading Mode
The Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader or Reading Mode feature is quite stunning compared to the other best browser It has additional features like Reading preference, Grammar tools that assist the reading experience within the Readers’ mode.
I’ve personally experienced the edge immersive reader feature, and by far it’s the best I’ve used. I especially liked the assisting tools like line focus and grammar tools that aren’t available in any other web browsers.
The Edge offers the Read Aloud feature that’s very similar to text-to-speech. It automatically starts reading out aloud the content for free. We also have the option to control read aloud and voice output settings.
Let us know what you think after using the immersive reader mode in the Edge computer browser? Are you addicted to it?
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Enable Immersive Reader Mode in Edge Computer?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!