Undoubtedly, Google Chrome is one of the best browsers out there with a lot of customization options. One of its best features is the ability to control the notification without any hassle. Hence, in this guide, we will take the Chrome browser as an example.
Chrome can send the push notification once the users have opted for it. However, there are few site owners or webmasters who misuse the feature and send annoying notifications very frequently. This creates distractions and we end up disabling the notifications.
I like to stay focused whenever I’m working on something online. Browser notifications are exceedingly distracting and create anger. I prefer blocking them at all times.
If you are like me who has been traumatized by these browsers and website notifications, you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to learn how to stop browser notifications on android.
How to Disable Chrome Notifications Completely?
Browser notifications can be annoying at times. They can deviate your attention and make you lose focus. The only way out is to stop web browser notifications on android.
Follow these steps to disable the browser app notifications on Android:
- Open Android Settings from App Drawer.
- Tap on the Apps & Notifications from the Settings.
- Select the Browser App (Say Chrome app) from the list of apps.
- Within Chrome App Info, tap on the Notifications tab.
- Here you will be able to see all the notifications currently enabled or disabled.
- If you want to completely stop the Chrome notification then toggle the Show Notification button and turn it OFF.
That’s it. You will no longer receive the notification from Chrome for Android. These steps will restrict all the ads and notifications from the selected browser on your Android phone.
How to Disable Web Site Push Notifications?
While completely disabling notifications is not suggested since many general notifications help us stay updated. Instead, I suggest disabling the Site notifications only in most cases.
Follow these steps to disable the Site notification in Chrome:
- Open Android Settings app.
- Tap on Apps & Notifications from the Settings.
- Select Chrome Browser App.
- Tap on the Notifications tab.
- Make sure that Chrome App Show Notification is turned ON and scroll down a bit
- Toggle the Show notification to turn OFF under the Sites section
This will only turn off the site push notification, however, the General chrome notification like Content Suggestion, Downloads, Incognito, Browser, etc. will still be appearing.
How to Enable Site Notifications for Selected?
While most of the Chrome notifications are useless, I find some to be useful and very informative. Mostly the blogs that I follow and read regularly send useful notifications.
If you completely block the site notification or chrome notifications, then you may not receive any site notification. Hence, here is the setup that I follow in Chrome notification settings.
Follow these steps to enable the site notifications for selected sites on the Chrome browser:
- Open Android Settings.
- Tap on Apps and Notification from the Settings.
- Choose and Open the Google Chrome app.
- Within Chrome App Info, tap on the Notification menu.
- Enable both Chrome & Sites to Show Notification.
- Under the Sites section, disable the checkbox against the site you want to block the notification
- Similarly, enable the checkbox for the Sites or Blogs URL that you want to receive the push notification
Finally, you will be receiving notifications from the sites you want to receive. All other sites that you haven’t enabled the notifications will be blocked.
Chrome Notifications Video Tutorial
You can watch this video demo about customizing the Chrome notifications for Android. Enabling or disabling the notification is controlled from the Settings > Apps & Notification settings.
Bottom Line: Stop Browser Notifications Android
I hope this helps you so that you can easily customize the browser notifications using the above-mentioned method. As I mentioned, browser notifications can also be useful in some cases.
For me browser notifications are annoying and I prefer to stop browser notifications on android so that it doesn’t hinder my focus while I’m working on something important.
But definitely, you can have complete control of what chrome notifications to receive and block on your Android Browser.
What is your setting for your favorite Browser notifications? Do you enable them or completely block them?
How to enable Browser notification on Android?
To enable the browser notification on Android, you need to open settings>Apps & Notification. Now open the browser app and tap on the notification tab. At last turn on the notification by clicking on the Show notification.
How to disable the Browser notification on Android?
To disable the browser notification on Android, you need to open the phone settings>Apps & Settings> Browser App. Now, navigate to the notifications and turn off the notification of the browser by clicking on the show notifications tabs.
How to disable push notifications of websites on Android?
To disable the push notifications of particular websites, you need to first go to Settings>Apps & Notification>Browser App. Now, open the notifications section and enable the notifications, and scroll at the bottom to the site’s notification. Simply turn off the site’s notification.