We all admit that Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers available across devices. Whether it may be a computer or mobile phone, Google chrome is available across all verticals.
One of the main reasons being the ability to enhance its features with extensions, sync between devices, and also allowing multiple account logins. Hence, Google Chrome is the most downloaded software program across the devices.
All my family members prefer using Google Chrome as their default browsers. Since my parents are not so tech-savvy, they don’t know how to download Google Chrome on their laptops. So, I helped them.
Recently, Microsoft also joined the bandwagon with Microsoft Edge which runs on the Chromium open-source project. It’s the same project on which Google Chrome is built on. And of course, it’s free of cost without any penny of investment.
In the following article, we will learn how to download Google Chrome on Computers and Desktops. We will also be covering the Google Chrome download on smartphones in another article.
Let’s dive into the Google Chrome download:
Download Google Chrome for Windows OS
You can download Google Chrome browser for any Windows OS versions like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and even earlier versions from the official site.
Follow these steps to download Google Chrome for Windows:
- Go to the Google Chrome Download site (link added below).
- Hit on the Download Chrome button.
- Verify your Operating System and hit on the Accept and Install button.
- The ChromeSetup.exe file will be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
- Finally, proceed with installing Chrome on Windows OS.
Google Chrome is available for Windows 32-bits and 64-bits operating systems. Hence, make sure that the correct version is pre-populated on the download chrome dialog box.
Here are the easy steps to install Google Chrome for Windows 10 OS:
- Click to begin the installation.
- If you’re prompted with the permission box, click
on the system dialog window to allow the installation.
- Chrome launches as soon as the installation finishes.
That all, Google Chrome is now downloaded and installed on Windows OS. Though I have covered the steps for Windows 10, you can follow similar steps for any earlier version of Microsoft windows.
Download Google Chrome for Mac OS X
You can download Google Chrome browser on macOS based computers like Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Macbook, Mac Pro, etc.
Follow these steps on how to download Google Chrome on Mac OS X:
- Go to Google Chrome’s official site (link added below).
- Verify if your default operating system is correctly recognized.
- Hit on Download Chrome for Mac command button.
- The googlechrome.dmg file will be downloaded into your system.
- Next, proceed with the installation of Chrome on Mac.
Here are the steps to finish installing Chrome on Mac:
- Open the file called “googlechrome.dmg”.
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
- Double-click and open Chrome on Mac.
That’s it. Google Chrome is now downloaded and installed on your Mac machine.
Download the Chrome Browser for Linux
You can easily download Google Chrome browser for any Linux distribution like Debian or Fedora. Google Chrome is available for Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS, and many other Linux based operating systems.
Please note that Google Chrome only supports 64-bit Linux based operating system. If you are running 32-bit, then you won’t be able to install Chrome.
Follow these steps to download Google Chrome for Linux:
- Go to Google Chrome’s official download site (link added below).
- Hit on the Download Chrome button.
- Verify if your operating system is recognized.
- Select the Linux Distribution, either For Debian (Linux, Linux Mint) or Fedora (CentOS, RedHat).
- The .deb or .rpm files will be downloaded based on selection.
- Lastly, install the downloaded Chrome on the Linux system.
Follow these steps to install Chrome on Ubuntu Linux OS:
- Open the google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb in Software Install program in Linux.
- Hit on the
button in the Software installer dialog window.
- The installation will finish and Chrome will be added into the Applications folder.
There are also few other community-supported Linux Chromium Packages that you can download. The steps to installation are mostly similar to the ones mentioned above.
Alternative to Google Chrome for Computer
Here are few notable alternatives available for the Google Chrome browser for any computer operating system.
- Download Mozilla Firefox on Computer
- Download Microsoft Edge (Chromium) on Windows 10
- Download Apple Safari on macOS
- Download Opera Browser on Computer
Bottom Line: Chrome Browser Download
Chrome Browser is among the most popular browsers in the world. In little time, it has gained massive popularity around the world. Everyone is officially a fan. It is power-packed with features that make it better than other browsers.
I also helped my parents set up Google Chrome on their laptops. I helped them with the download of Google Chrome. I wrote this article for all those who needed to know the steps to Google Chrome download.
Let me know if you’re facing any issues downloading the google chrome browser on any computer system.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Google Chrome on Computer?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!