Google Chrome is an amazing browser that supports all the operating systems whether it be a computer PC or a hand-held smartphone. You can download Google Chrome for the app stores available in smartphone OS like Android or iOS/iPadOS.
Android has Google Play and iOS/iPadOS has Apple App Store which is the repository for all the official apps. All you need is to simply search for chrome and download from the store.
In this article, we are going to learn how to download and install Chrome on Android OS, iOS, and the new iPadOS.
Let’s get into the topic right away —
Download Chrome for Android OS
You can easily download Google Chrome for Android phones & tablets from Google PlayStore. Chrome browser is available for free download and also supports every version of Android OS.
Also, note that every Android device is pre-loaded with the Chrome browser as a part of the Google Apps (GApps) package. However, the custom ROM like Lineage OS, PixelExperience OS, etc. might not have the chrome browser.
Follow these easy steps to download and install Chrome on Android mobile and tables:
- Open the Google Play app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Search for Google Chrome.
- Select Google Chrome from the search results.
- Hit on the Install button on the Google Chrome page.
- Google Chrome will be downloaded and finishes the installation automatically.
- Hit on the Open button once the installation is completed.
You’ve now successfully downloaded and installed the Google Chrome for Android OS supported devices.
Download Chrome for iOS
Google has developed the Chrome browser even for iOS devices like iPhone and iPod. You can officially download Chrome for iOS from the Apple App Store.
Follow these steps to download and install Google Chrome on iOS iPhone and iPod:
- Open App Store on your iOS device (iPhone or iPod).
- Search for Google Chrome in the search bar.
- Open the Google Chrome app detail page.
- Hit on the GET button.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode to install Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome will begin to download and finishes the installation.
- Hit on the Open button to run the app for the first time.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Google Chrome for iOS.
Download Google Chrome for iPadOS
Google Chrome browser also supports iPadOS which has been just released in later 2019. The iPadOS which is a new operating system for iPad has compatibility with iOS Apps. You can officially download the Chrome for iPadOS from the same app store as iOS devices.
Follow these steps to download and simultaneously install the Chrome on iPad:
- Open App Store on your iPadOS.
- Search for Google Chrome in the App Store.
- Open the Google Chrome page.
- Hit on the GET button to download on iPadOS.
- Validate with Touch ID or Passcode.
- Google Chrome will download and finishes the installation automatically.
- Post the installation, hit on the Open button to run the Chrome app on iPad.
That’s it, you have now successfully installed the Google Chrome for iPadOS.
Google Chrome can be downloaded and supports all the major hand-held devices. You can also download Chrome for computers and laptops running on Windows, Mac, or Linux OS. It’s absolutely free and built on the open-source Chromium browser project.
Alternatives to Google Chrome on Mobile
If you do not like Google Chrome on your smart devices, then I have a few alternatives which you should give a try.
- Download Mozilla Firefox Quantum on iPad
- Download Apple Safari on iPhone
- Download Microsoft Edge on Tablet
- Download Opera on Android
Let us know if you’ve any questions or facing any challenge to download chrome on smartphones.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Download Google Chrome on Mobile Phone or Tablet?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!