Undoubtedly, Google Chrome is the most widely used web browser across devices. Whether a handheld device or a desktop, Google Chrome is everywhere. I recommend downloading Chrome for your computer if you haven’t tried it yet. Google Chrome features such as tabs, a video player, a customizable home page, etc., with a user-friendly interface.
Ones must keep up with the latest version of the Google Chrome browser to enjoy the latest features. My younger sister did not know how to update Google Chrome on her laptop. I decided to teach her!
Updating Google Chrome on a computer or laptop is pretty simple. These steps are valid for all Windows OS, Mac OSX, and Linux-based OS operating systems that support the Google Chrome installation.
This article will show how to update Google Chrome on a laptop or computer. Read on to find out!
Update Google Chrome
Most of the time, Google Chrome automatically updates in the background when you launch your browser. However, if you want to know whether any updates are available or if you need to update Google Chrome, then you can follow these steps.
Here are the steps to update Google Chrome on a laptop or computer:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Hit on More for options and select Settings from the list.
- Switch to the About Chrome section on the Settings page.
- Google Chrome should automatically start looking for the latest updates.
- The Chrome will be updated, and ask for the relaunch.
That’s it. Google Chrome is now up to date on your computer system, and you can see the message “Google Chrome is up to date“. As mentioned, you can follow the above steps on any Windows, macOS, and Linux OS system.
Google Chrome Update Frequency
If you’re curious to know how often you should update Google Chrome? I’d say immediately!
The update frequency for the Google Chrome browser depends on what type of Chrome channel you’ve downloaded on your machine. 4 Chrome channels have different update frequencies.
- Google Chrome Stable — update frequency is slow, once or twice a month. Most recommended and widely used (stable).
- Google Chrome Beta — update frequency is weekly and mostly preferred for users who want to try out new (partially unstable) features.
- Google Chrome Dev — even this has weekly update frequency and is preferred by developers (unstable).
- Google Chrome Canary — Update frequency is daily, not recommended unless you know what you’re doing (highly unstable).
The other option is setting up your browser for automatic updates. At this moment, your Chrome browser gets updated as soon as new updates are available.
Bottom Line: Update Google Chrome
We must know the importance of Google Chrome updates. With every update, several enhanced features are available for its users. From privacy to appearance, new updates are added to improve them frequently.
That is why one should know how to update Google Chrome on a laptop or computer. It helps the users enjoy all the features to their fullest.
I even taught my younger sister how to update Google Chrome on her laptop. Now, she understands the importance of updates and the need for them.
Let me know if you’ve any further questions or are facing any challenges updating Google Chrome on your computer PC in the comments.
Thank you helped a lot.
Followed your instruction till it said by clicking on the three dots and this is what I get,
Get Google smarts in Chrome
Sync and personalize Chrome across your devices
Sync and Google services
Manage your Google Account
Customize your Chrome profile
Import bookmarks and settings
Not at all what you say should come up
Which device you are using?