No doubt Google Chrome has a widely used web browser across all the devices. Whether it be a handheld device or desktop, Google Chrome is everywhere. If you haven’t tried it yet, then recommend downloading Chrome for your computer.
Updating Google Chrome on a computer or laptop is pretty simple. These steps are valid for all the operating system like Windows OS, Mac OSX, and Linux based OS that supports the Google Chrome installation.
Steps to update Google Chrome
Most of the time the Google Chrome automatically updates in the background when you launch your browser. However, if you want to know whether any updates are available or need to update Google Chrome, then you can follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Hit on for options and select Settings from the list.
- And switch to About Chrome section on the Settings page.
- Google Chrome should automatically start looking for the latest updates.
- The Chrome will be updated and ask for the relaunch.
That’s it. Google Chrome is now up to date on your computer system and you will be able to see the message “Google Chrome is up to date“. Like I mentioned, you can follow these above steps on any Windows OS, macOS, and Linux OS systems.
Google Chrome Update Frequency
If you’re curious to know how often you should update Google Chrome? I’d say immediately!
The update frequency for the Google Chrome browser depends on what type of Chrome channel you’ve downloaded your machine. Basically, there are 4 Chrome channels and have different update frequencies.
- Google Chrome Stable — update frequency is slow mostly once or twice in a month. Most recommended and widely used (stable).
- Google Chrome Beta — update frequency is weekly and mostly preferred for the users who want to try out new features (partially unstable).
- Google Chrome Dev — even this has weekly update frequency and preferred by developers (unstable).
- Google Chrome Canary — Update frequency is daily, not recommended unless you know what you’re doing (highly unstable).
Let me know if you’ve any further questions or facing any challenges to update Google Chrome on your computer PC.
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on How to Update Google Chrome on Computer or Laptop?, then feel free to drop in below comment box. Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for videos tutorials. Cheers!