Fandom is a popular website in the entertainment space accessed by millions of users worldwide. Hence, it’s common to have intermittent issues due to a huge server load.
However, you can troubleshoot and fix the issue with the Fandom on the Chrome browser. Clearing the browser data, disabling extensions, trying in private mode, and updating and restarting the browser and the system can fix the issue.
As a digital encyclopedia and fan community platform, Fandom is a reliable resource for many. Whether you are looking for information or want to contribute to your favorite fandoms, having this platform readily accessible is crucial.
However, experiencing issues with Fandom on your Chrome browser could hinder your access and contribute to frustration. This may disrupt your daily routines, especially if Fandom is a platform you use regularly.
We aim to help you understand the root of the problem and provide effective solutions. This guide outlines the key steps you can take to fix Fandom not working or content not loading in your Chrome browser.
On this page, you can find and jump to:
Check Fandom’s Server Status
Sometimes the problem may not be on your end. Fandom, like any other website, can experience server issues. Check social media or sites like DownDetector to see if other users are experiencing similar issues.
If Fandom’s servers are down, there’s nothing to do but wait until they are back up and running.
Check Internet Connection
Internet stability is crucial for seamless browsing. If you notice other websites also performing poorly, the problem might be your internet connection.
- Make sure your router and modem are turned on and working. Look for lights that are blinking or solid green.
- Try connecting to a different network.
- Use a speed test website to check how fast your internet is.
If the internet has a problem, you can try connecting with other ISP networks or mobile data for a better connection.
Restarting the device and system clears temporary files and processes that might be causing the problem. To restart your computer, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button in the taskbar.
- Click on the Power button.
- Select the option to Restart the computer.
After your computer restarts, try reaccessing the Fandom website.
There are a few other browser troubleshooting methods that you can try initially to rectify the issue before moving to advance troubleshooting.
If Fandom works in Chrome’s Incognito Mode, it suggests that the problem lies within your regular browser settings or extensions. You can follow these steps to check the site in incognito:
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the More menu and select the New Incognito Window option.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut – / + + combination keys.
- Try accessing the https://www.fandom.com site to check if the site is loading.
Incognito Mode will not save browsing history, cookies, or form data. If the site is loading, it might be an issue with the browser cache or extensions.
Clear Cache and Cookies
Stored cache and cookies from Fandom in your browser may cause loading or functionality issues. Clearing these could potentially rectify the problem. Here are the steps clear cache data:
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the More for menu options and hover on the More Tools menu.
- Select the Clear Browsing Data menu from the list. It will open the Clear browsing data settings window.
- Choose the Time Range from the drop-down and select the checkboxes for the ‘Cookies and other site data‘ and ‘Cached images and files’ options.
- Finally, hit the command button.
It will delete the outdated cache and browser cookies that might inflict Fandom site loading. Try accessing the site to find out if the issue is resolved.
Update Google Chrome
An outdated Chrome browser may not support Fandom’s latest features or updates. Regularly updating your Chrome browser might solve this issue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Hit on More for options and select Settings from the list.
- Switch to the About Chrome tab on the Settings page.
- Google Chrome should automatically start looking for the latest updates.
Ensure you have a stable internet connection while updating your browser to avoid complications.
Certain browser extensions may conflict with Fandom’s functionality. If you have recently added a new extension, disabling it might fix the problem. Follow these steps to deactivate extensions:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the More for options menu.
- Hover on More Tools and select the Extensions option. It will open the Chrome Extensions Manager page with install extensions.
- Disable the toggle option against each extension.
- Restart the browser and check for issues.
Don’t forget to note down the extensions you disable, as you may want to re-enable them later.
Reset Browser Settings
As a last resort, resetting your browser settings to their original defaults may fix the issue. This action disables all extensions and clears temporary data.
- Launch the Chrome browser on the computer.
- Click on the More menu for options, and select the Settings menu from the list.
It will open the Chrome browser’s settings page.
- Switch to the Reset settings tab in the sidebar and select Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- Hit the command button to continue the browser reset.
Be cautious, as resetting will change all your personalized settings to default.
Experiencing troubles with Fandom on your Chrome browser can be annoying, but remember, most issues can be resolved. The critical solutions involve clearing your browser cache and cookies, updating Chrome, disabling specific extensions, checking your internet connection, using incognito mode for diagnosis, and as a last resort, resetting your browser settings.
Clearing your cache and cookies or updating Chrome are usually the quickest fixes. If the problem stems from your extensions or settings, using incognito browsing can help pinpoint the issue.
It’s all about trying different solutions until you find the one that works. If the issue isn’t fixed, you can try accessing it after some time or contact Fandom support.
Lastly, if you've any thoughts or feedback, then feel free to drop in below comment box. You can also report the outdated information.