The Chromebook is a lightweight, stylish, sleek, and compatible laptop that runs primarily on the ChromeOS designed by Google. It is a one of its kind OS but resembles Windows and Mac in some of its features. Additionally, it has fantastic privacy and security settings to keep you secured at all times.
The Chromebook has an in-built internet browser that is Google Chrome. Although we know that Chrome is the best web browser in every sense after time, one may get bored of using the same browser again and again.
Everyone likes variety and experimentation. That’s why we’ll list out all the best alternatives to Chrome that can be used on Chromebook. Also, the privacy is not that great while using the Chrome browser.
My best friend recently bought a new Chromebook after she graduated from college. At first, she was pleased browsing through Google Chrome, but soon she got bored.
She asked me to help her find a new browser with a new outlook. So, I started researching and compiled this listicle for the best browser on Chromebook.
Firefox is one of the most secure and private browsers of all time. It keeps you a step ahead of hackers and fraudsters trying to intrude on your privacy at every point.
Some of Firefox’s significant features are:
- You can sync your data through all your connected devices and never miss an update.
- You can easily manage multiple tabs at once.
- It blocks third-party apps and trackers.
- You can easily access your top websites hassle-free.
- Sharing a link or article becomes easier with Firefox.
However, it is slow compared to Chrome and does not give you the desired speed that you want. The privacy protection is top-notch, but it may lag sometimes.
If we’re talking speed and compatibility, Opera Browser is your go-to option. It is not only reliable but provides best-in-class features that are unknown to the other browsers.
Some of Opera’s important features are:
- It has an in-built-build block of all the annoying ads.
- Presence of built-in messengers so you can chat and work altogether.
- It is customizable according to your convenience.
- With the free VPN, you can browse safely and more privately.
As Opera is different in its outlook from the other browsers, you can find it difficult to locate all its features at once and may require time to get familiar with its interface.
The Brave Browser is said to be the fastest browser among its contemporaries. It loads pages faster than Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. It also saves a ton of your battery and does all your work.
Several of Brave Browser’s remarkable features are:
- It completes all your work by using 35% less battery.
- It protects your privacy and blocks trackers.
- The private mode secures your data and masks your location as well.
- By viewing privacy-respecting ads, you can earn Brave tokens and rewards.
Brave has a unique system of connecting with its users. However, some of its features are only available on its desktop version and require work.
If you’ve ever owned a Windows desktop or laptop, you must be familiar with Microsoft Edge. It is one of the oldest browsers but lost its popularity in time. However, after it was re-launched, it has managed to get some of its old fame back.
Some of Edge’s essential features are:
- It is safe, secure, and more reliable than ever.
- With MS Rewards, you can find the best deals and save more.
- Features like Immersive Reader and Vertical Tabs help you stay ahead of time.
- Browsing is faster and designed to boost your productivity.
However, it may not have all the features that the other new browsers possess. It may also have crashing issues that can lead to the slow loading of web pages.
It is one of the best alternatives to Chrome as it offers significantly new and unique features that are not readily available on other browsers. It is highly customizable and gives the user full liberty to use it as per their requirement.
A few of Dolphin Browser’s amazing features are:
- You can easily sync between compatible devices.
- Presence of smart voice searches to make things easier.
- You can browse through multiple tabs at once.
- Use of third-party add ons to enhance your experience.
It has many great features but doesn’t provide a proper private and secure ambiance for browsing. This, in turn, can put your privacy at risk.
If you’re someone who’s always worried about their privacy and security while browsing the web, this browser is for you. It is focused on protecting your data while you browse the internet and keep you safe at all times.
Some of its key features are:
- You can now control who views your data.
- It is an open-source browser with nothing to hide.
- You can block all trackers easily and efficiently.
- The presence of smart ad-blocking makes everything better.
However, some of the features are only available in the paid version of the browser. The free version has limited access and features.
Bottom Line: Best Browser Chromebook
Although Chromebook is blessed with the best browser, i.e., Google Chrome, one may get bored by it over some time. Also, if we don’t try and experience the other browsers, how can we know what we’re missing? So, I find it extremely important to keep an eye out for new and enhanced browsers that rule the digital world.
Chromebook is very fast, secure, and valuable on its own. That’s why it needs the best browser to complement its features. From Opera to Firefox, every browser is a compatible fit for Chromebook.
Now, it’s your turn to choose between them and use the browser that caters to your needs and wants.
After I showed the list of compatible browsers to my best friend, she immediately started browsing through the same and installing the respective browsers to see how they work. At last, she settled with Mozilla Firefox.
Which browser from the list have you chosen for your Chromebook? What do you think about its compatibility?
Lastly, here are the recommended web browsers for your computer and mobile phone that you should give a try.
|Chrome Windows||Chrome Mac||Chrome iOS||Chrome Android||Firefox Linux|
|Firefox Windows||Safari Mac||Safari iOS||Edge Android||Chrome Linux|
|Edge Windows||Firefox Mac||Edge iOS||Samsung Internet||Edge Linux|
If you've any thoughts on 5+ Best Browsers for Chromebook (Chrome Alternative) in 2021, then feel free to drop in below comment box. If you find this article helpful, please consider sharing it with your network.
Also, please subscribe to our BrowserHow YouTube channel for helpful videos tutorials.